Walked up a big hill the other day and took some pictures.

Shpongled

Aug 30, 2001
Couple weekends ago I hiked up Mt. Townsend. It's a popular trail in the Olympic Mountains, but this was the first time I'd done it. I now know why it's so popular. Moderate difficulty, not too steep, lots of forest sections and lots of meadow sections with nice flowers, alpine lakes, and a big summit with huge views in multiple directions.

This is the first section of the trail, some nice 2nd growth forest. There's actually a mile before this part of the trail that comes from a parking lot below that goes through an old growth forest, but we opted to skip that extra hiking (much to my dismay).

mt_townsend01.jpg

Coming out into some meadows.

mt_townsend02.jpg

Indian Paintbrush
mt_townsend03.jpg

mt_townsend04.jpg

These guys came along with us. Alice in the back and Steve up front :)

mt_townsend05.jpg

mt_townsend06.jpg

This is a small alpine lake we came across that also boasted an epic campsite. It's about 3 miles up the trail so it's a good place for a backpacking adventure. Might give it a go myself later this summer.

mt_townsend07.jpg

Looking down on that same lake with the campsites.

mt_townsend08.jpg

Close to the summit, we can see a view over the ridge line to the rest of the mountains.

mt_townsend09.jpg

Summit!

mt_townsend10.jpg

mt_townsend12.jpg

More flowers on the way down.

mt_townsend11.jpg

Fun times :headbang:

Yeah Kevin, stalk the Nevermore boys for us too.
I want to see paparazi photos of Warrel doing grocery shopping in his pijama pants, or Van at the mall with a cuppa in his hands and flip flops, and Jim at the pet store buying cat litter looking all bored and tired, or Jeff in the street running from the rain.. you know, thsoe sorts of things. Those are just suggestions, but I'll be open for more ideas, of course.