I.C.S Vortex

Cereal Killer

New Metal Member
Jun 25, 2004
talk via the MSN
Hi guys, first of all i just wanted to say (how predicted....) Borknagar ownz!! come to israel!! :headbang: :Smokedev:

now to bussines:
as a Quintessence fanatic i wonder what's with I.C.S Vortex? why did he leave (fired..whatever...) what is he doing today??

and BTW, Vintersorg: U own 2 man!! u rock on your solo project, and on Otyg! (Trollslotet.....) so no hard feeling huh? :D

P.S
u own at Borknagar 2 of course...im just wondering about Vortex...

siemens sang as a session member in ved buens ende... check the "coiled in obscurity" bootleg if you are interested.
And then he has his own band "Lamented souls" in wich they play some sort of heavy doomy band a la black sabbath

I finally get to see Vortex live and unfortunately it is at Ozzfest..(yuck)...with Dimmu...(yuck)...Something I never thought I would see... years ago...after I missed the Borknagar/Emperor tour...

dia_hain said:
I finally get to see Vortex live and unfortunately it is at Ozzfest..(yuck)...with Dimmu...(yuck)...Something I never thought I would see... years ago...after I missed the Borknagar/Emperor tour...

Well, at least you knew who the bands were at the time! I'm just learning abouit all that I have missed.

Vortex's talent is going to waste on Dimmu. I always ben a fan of the band, but Death Cult Armageddon has all of 3 parts of songs with him singing on them, which sucks considering his voice gives some life into the band's better songs.

But yea, replacing Vortex with Vintersorg = perfect. I look forward to Epic hitting US shores soon, as Empiricism was one of my favorite albums of the past few years.

i dunno...when i compare the vocals on Quintessence and on Empiricism i like Vortex more. the vocals on The Presnce is Ominious are just phenomenal! i think there are 3 voices on top of each other. 1 growl and 2 clean in harmony.....wow what a song.....