I can't get my computer to pick up my guitar signal

bunghole

New Metal Member
Aug 30, 2008
I've been trying to record using Guitar Rig 3. Not gonna get a USB interface or a fancy upgraded soundcard.

just wanted to record direct for fun sometimes, and make some rough recordings.

however, my guitar's signal is not being picked up by the program or the computer.

its not the guitar or the cable. In fact when I plug into the line in or the mic in the program kinda picks up the contact but then i get nothing

it's really frustrating

i've messed with the volume control on the computer as well

nothing

oh

I was under the impression that you could actually record directly without any sort of usb interface

maybe this isn't the right forum for asking things like that. google for "asio4all". install it. buy an adapter to plug your guitar into your soundcard, using the line-in/not the mic in. in windows audio control choose line-in and raise the volume. choose the asio4all driver in guitar rig. jam

maybe this isn't the right forum for asking things like that. google for "asio4all". install it. buy an adapter to plug your guitar into your soundcard, using the line-in/not the mic in. in windows audio control choose line-in and raise the volume. choose the asio4all driver in guitar rig. jam

thanks

i'll give it a shot

on a side note, its weird - i actually opened guitar rig a minute ago to look at some of its features and it was picking up the music from my media player (Manilla Road :kickass: ) :confused:

damn. its still not picking up anything

its definitely not the cable or the guitar.

for some reason guitar rig's routing options just say "not connected" when i select asio4all as the driver. with no other options

either your soundcard in'S are broken, the soundcard driver (not the asio one) should be updated/fixed or the soundcard isn't compatible with asio4all! post some infos on your pc-system

i don't know enough about my system and don't feel like looking it up. so i'll just give up for now
thanks though

i had done this without any problems, i just conect my guitar to the mic in on my computer and it work, wit Revalver, Reaper, etc.

yep it works. try kicking your pc. it works i swear. one time i got a message saying unable to boot to drive, so i booted the drive, it worked. that was 3 years ago when i recorded with cool edit pro and plugged into the back of the comp. ahhh gotta love digital clipping. get one of these http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UA1EX thats what i moved up to before buying an mbox and eventually a firepod. worked good