I can't win

To start I think the snare sounds muffled as all hell..in fact the drums as a whole seem tucked back in the mix and muffled. On top of that the guitars are a bit too loud and are really centered in the mid range..causing a lot of muddiness in the mix. The vocals are the most coherent part of the mix.

Also, I can't say for sure but i'm pretty sure your mix is lopsided. I feel like my left speaker is pushing more than the right. So balacning that will sure help.

So really it just seems like the drums and guitars are fighting over the same part of the mix. So maybe tame some of the lower frequencies in the guitar and add a touch to the higher frequencies...

Not sure what else. Seems like a cool track though man.

To start I think the snare sounds muffled as all hell..in fact the drums as a whole seem tucked back in the mix and muffled. On top of that the guitars are a bit too loud and are really centered in the mid range..causing a lot of muddiness in the mix. The vocals are the most coherent part of the mix.

Also, I can't say for sure but i'm pretty sure your mix is lopsided. I feel like my left speaker is pushing more than the right. So balacning that will sure help.

So really it just seems like the drums and guitars are fighting over the same part of the mix. So maybe tame some of the lower frequencies in the guitar and add a touch to the higher frequencies...

Not sure what else. Seems like a cool track though man.

Thanks for the feedback man! Definitely appreciate it.

You may just need to start over man. The vocals sound ok like they could be worked into it but everything else needs attention. The guitar tone is way off. There's not enough bite and presence. They sound really small. They need to be wider and more well balanced with each other. The drums sound kinda far away. Sounds like there's a blanket over everything.

What are you using for guitars?

You may just need to start over man. The vocals sound ok like they could be worked into it but everything else needs attention. The guitar tone is way off. There's not enough bite and presence. They sound really small. They need to be wider and more well balanced with each other. The drums sound kinda far away. Sounds like there's a blanket over everything.

What are you using for guitars?

Guitars are being reamped through a TS808 into a Decimator into a mesa dual rectifier roadster into a mesa 4x12 recto cab miced with an SM57 probably a foot from the cab Fredman with an I5. There's another mix with the same chain but guitars are going into an Engl E-530 into the poweramp section of the mesa dual rec. I'm using the Andy Sneap C4 preset. I'm also using a C4 to boost the guitars from 3-4 K. Ozone 5 is on the masterbus as well. I'm wondering if i'm missing all that presence from the way I'm micing. I was really trying to get rid of all the harshness, and balance with the high end of the I5.

Guitars are being reamped through a TS808 into a Decimator into a mesa dual rectifier roadster into a mesa 4x12 recto cab miced with an SM57 probably a foot from the cab Fredman with an I5. There's another mix with the same chain but guitars are going into an Engl E-530 into the poweramp section of the mesa dual rec. I'm using the Andy Sneap C4 preset. I'm also using a C4 to boost the guitars from 3-4 K. Ozone 5 is on the masterbus as well. I'm wondering if i'm missing all that presence from the way I'm micing. I was really trying to get rid of all the harshness, and balance with the high end of the I5.

Well as a small point I'd probably go into the noise gate first, then the TS. Sounds like you have some good equipment, but like you've guessed, you could mic it a little differently. Most guys here will put the mics real close to the grill, maybe an inch away at the most. I'd start there. Adjust your mic position and amp settings until you get something closer to what you want. REFERENCE other tones. Olas are great to listen to, and any other albums. I'd start with just the 57 and get that the best you can.

You'll be in MUCH better shape if you can get the raw guitar tone closer and then work the drums and vocals into that.

Well as a small point I'd probably go into the noise gate first, then the TS. Sounds like you have some good equipment, but like you've guessed, you could mic it a little differently. Most guys here will put the mics real close to the grill, maybe an inch away at the most. I'd start there. Adjust your mic position and amp settings until you get something closer to what you want. REFERENCE other tones. Olas are great to listen to, and any other albums. I'd start with just the 57 and get that the best you can.

You'll be in MUCH better shape if you can get the raw guitar tone closer and then work the drums and vocals into that.

Cool I really appreciate the advise! I would love some more feedback as well as I am getting lots of different answers from different sources.