I could listen to "...When Gjallarhorn will sound" all night...with my vodka in hand

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
10/10!!

OK so you've all now witnessed the supremacy of "Addendum Galactus", and as expected, those of you that listened were floored.

Now on to something a little Viking...."When Gjallarhorn will sound" is quite possibly the best song in it's genre. At minimum, it's top 3 material. I can put this on loop and just listen to it all. night. long.

http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3C8ZC2VM7WI7P1WIQZ81BX4UCO

I have high hopes for this song with EVERYONE in the RC audience. I can't imagine anyone not liking it - prepare for your heads to bounce, blood to pump, and beer to flow. (I only have my Grey Goose tonight). :loco:

Special point of interest: There is a "calm before the storm" interlude at around the 2:10 mark....and then, at around 2:20, the song kicks really kicks in and grabs you by the nuts (or minge), and it reminds me that Vratyas Vakyas is a truly underrated vocalist. Not only are his clean vox perfectly apt, but his rasps are phenomenal!!!!!1

Listen loud and enjoy. Then go kill a Christian Monk.

good fucking tune ... there are a lot of Lucky Charms bits in it though that I could live without ... but the heavy parts are ruthless.

Monks make beer!!! No death to them!!!

Dude what's the name of this band? You have too many random names, quotes, and drool marks over various words in this thread. :loco:

EDIT: Oh, Falkenbach? Damn, I always fill out the NP thingy and even I never pay attention to them shitz.

finally, some real metal. :loco:

yes, good song, and probably the best on the disc.

I prefer the second track and 4th tracks off the debut, but magni blandinn has some awesome tunes.

I actually listened to the 3 Falkenbach albums today. Man, the third album is boring to me except track 2.

I would have to look over my collection for best 3 viking metal songs, but I'm sure Falkenbach would claim one of those spots.

I love my Falkenbach vinyls; as soon as my copy of the debut gets here I'm going to make out with both of them.

the cover art on ...Magni Blandinn... is really nice.

Finntroll are drunken Finnish trolls singing in Swedish for some reason. This Falkenbach song is epic majesty of the Viking Warlords!!! Together we power!!

I thought it was because Swedish was an easier language to manipulate for drunken troll pleasures?

Dude I'm done dividing genres. Yeah this sounds different than Finntroll, but it's all in the same damn boat. No! Wait! I'm going to start using numbers for genres! Like stoner metal is now "metal #1" black metal is "metal #2" etc. This is gonna work out great! :headbang:

JayKeeley said:
OK so you've all now witnessed the supremacy of "Addendum Galactus", and as expected, those of you that listened were floored.
I haven't. Who is it, and where do I find it?

JayKeeley said:
Now on to something a little Viking...."When Gjallarhorn will sound" is quite possibly the best song in it's genre. At minimum, it's top 3 material. I can put this on loop and just listen to it all. night. long.
I'll check it out tonight when I get home. I've been meaning to revisit Falkenbach.

JayKeeley said:
Listen loud and enjoy. Then go kill a Christian Monk.
Again? I don't know where you guys live, but around here, it's getting harder and harder to track down a Christian Monk to kill, everytime I find another cool band.:loco:

Zod

When Finntroll goes on that US Tour soon (I can't remember when it's supposed to be), I will drive a maximum of 5 hours to see them... but hopefully they just come to Hartford.

Marksveld said:
When Finntroll goes on that US Tour soon (I can't remember when it's supposed to be), I will drive a maximum of 5 hours to see them... but hopefully they just come to Hartford.
Nothing listed on their web site about a U.S. tour. There is however a gig in Germany that their playing when I'll be in Germany, but I have no idea where it is. Their web site simply says:

DONG - FESTIVAL, Germany

I can't seem to find any info on this.

Zod

General Zod said:
Nothing listed on their web site about a U.S. tour. There is however a gig in Germany that their playing when I'll be in Germany, but I have no idea where it is. Their web site simply says:

DONG - FESTIVAL, Germany

I can't seem to find any info on this.

Zod

It has been announced, I'm not bullshitting you... I'm just as curious.

One Inch Man said:
Dude I'm done dividing genres. Yeah this sounds different than Finntroll, but it's all in the same damn boat. No! Wait! I'm going to start using numbers for genres! Like stoner metal is now "metal #1" black metal is "metal #2" etc. This is gonna work out great! :headbang:

Hey I didn't say they were different genres, I just said Falkenbach was different!! By the way, they are different genres. :tickled: One is Polka metal and the other is Asatru metal. Just kidding. Or do I? Mystery post!! :loco:

@J - Nachtfalke - my brain is swiss cheese right now, I can't remember whether I've heard them already. I'll try to check out their website tonight which I expect to be loaded to the brim with MP3 samples.

Finntroll is playing something called the Dong Festival? Biggest laugh of the day. This was the first song I heard from Falkenbach, and it made me take notice right away (but not want to rip out a monk's tongue in slow motion, the more aggressive Viking stuff does) because it sounded so authentically norse, I could just picture those chants echoing from the summit of a snowcapped mountain.

Demonspell said:
Finntroll is playing something called the Dong Festival?
Running Order:

Freitag:

Spielzeit Band
(Link zur Bandbeschreibung) Stilrichtung
14:35 - 15:20 Drawline Rock'n'Roll
15:40 - 16:25 Synasthasia Power Metal
16:45 - 17:30 Orkus Black Metal
17:50 - 18:35 Perzonal War Thrash Metal
18:55 - 19:40 Sycronomica Black Metal
20:00 - 20:45 Mindcrime Power Metal
21:05 - 21:50 Hate Factor Death Metal
22:10 - 23:10 Delirious Thrash Metal
23:30 - 01:00 Skyclad Folk Metal

Samstag:

Spielzeit Band
(Link zur Bandbeschreibung) Stilrichtung
12:10 - 12:55 Aardvarks Death/Thrash Metal
13:15 - 14:00 Stormgarde Melodic Metal
14:20 - 15:05 President Evil Thrash Metal
15:25 - 16:25 Skyclad Folk Metal (Akustik)
16:45 - 17:30 Intense Power Metal
17:50 - 18:35 Desilence Thrash Metal
18:55 - 19:40 Excrementory Grindfuckers Grind Core Cover
20:00 - 20:45 XIV Dark Centuries Black/Viking Metal
21:05 - 21:50 Behind The Scenery Melodic Death Metal
22:10 - 23:10 Elvenking Folk/Power Metal
23:30 - 01:00 Finntroll Humppa-Folk-Black Metal

http://www.dongopenair.de/

Zod