I dont know if Pantera is considered old school here but...

Favorite?

• Cowboys From Hell

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Vulgar Display of Power

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Far Beyond Driven

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The Great Southern Trendkill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reinventing The Steel

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
Power Metal is not technically one of their major releases. but oh well, Im suprised so many people like Vulgar its good but it gets old after a couple listens.

For me:

1. Cowboys from hell
2. Vulgar display of power
3. Power metal

When "Far beyond driven" was released I bought it the first day and it meant a big dissapoint for me. In my opinion, that album is overrated. Nowadays I only like "Becoming" "5 minutes alone" and Black Sabbath cover from "Planet caravan".

Even I prefer "Reinventing the steel" ´cause I expected nothing from that album and it owns two or three very good tracks.

Out of those.... Cowboys. Phil never sounded that good vocally again - listen to Medicine Man, that track coulda been on Painkiller!

I liked Projects in the Jungle. I had it before I ever heard Cowboys.... didn't even know it was the same band until a few years ago! :headbang:

Vulgar

Cowboys and Driven are great albums as well. And Trendkill had some decent songs on it as well. It just didn't seem as focussed as the other albums. And Steel, well... It's crap. That's all I can say. Nothing really stuck to me. I think I remember 1 song that was halfway decent. I think I only listened to it a couple of times.

A lot of recent crap albums 2000 and later caused me to stop buying albums. Risk was another one. :(.

Power Metal ehh, I might have to obtain some of those songs. I've always been curious what pre Cowboys sounded like.

Well I like Far Beyond Driven best cause its heavier and Vulgar gets old, Cowboys is to sourthernish.

1. Reinventing the Steel
2. Far Beyond Driven
3. Vulgar Display of Power
4. The Great Southern Trendkill
5. Power Metal
6. Cowboys From Hell

Cowboys From Hell is over-rated. They ripped off the Exhorder style anyway. Vulgar Display of Power is good because it's just straightfoward, but yes it does get predictable. Far Beyond Driven I liked in an instant because of how harsh and darker they got. The Great Southern Trendkill, also something like that. Reinventing the Steel I like best because of the 2 songs "It Makes Them Dissappear" and "I'll Cast A Shadow".