I dug up a gem of a video clip (Must see Manowar)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
So some of you may recall this clip. Very early days of Headbanger's Ball with the lamest host ever (who obviously had no clue about the music and was lucky he wasn't run through with a Manowar sword!).

Highlights:

Fruits on pants
Wimp Rock
Masters of the Universe
Muscle

Watch the priceless look on Ross the Boss' face when joey talks about fruits on pants - lol.

Last edited:
No one was as clueless as Rikki Rachtman.
That guy was the ultimate poser, and just all around dumb ass.

I will never forget when that dummy interviewed DRI, and asked them in all seriousness:
"So, tell me what the song ABDUCTION is about"?

The guys looked at each other and then replied with, "Ummm....well...it's pretty self explanatory"

Then Rikki was like, "Great, let's check out the new video!"

I laughed so hard in my chair during the part when they bro 5 eachother. They may as well've followed it up with an ass pat.

That's funny stuff and yes that VJ was a tool. I still think seeing Manowar on Nickelodeons Live Wire was the ultimate WTF moment.

Here is a part of an interview with Eric about it.

Piston: Personally, one of my favorite Manowar media appearances in the early '80s was on the Nickelodeon TV show "Live Wire..."
Eric: (laughing) Yeah!
Piston: Do you guys still think about that and do you have nightmares about it sometimes?
Eric: (laughing) I had a fucking nightmare the day we did it! I've got a story for you... this is true. The day we did that show, the TV show "Live Wire," I woke up and I had laryngitis. I couldn't sing a note, I couldn't even speak! So, I called up my publicist in NY and I told her... I whispered to her on the phone (whispering) "I can't talk, I can't speak. I don't know what's going to happen!" She was freaking out. She made an appointment with me to see a doctor in NY. She said "Just fly down here. You've got the show... it's too important to pass up. Come down, anyway." So I went down to the show and while those guys were rehearsing at the Ed Sullivan Theater, where it was shot, I went right to a doctor's office down there in NY and got a shot of pretnazone up my ass just so I was able to speak (laughing). By the time I got to the Ed Sullivan Theater we had no rehearsals, nothing was happening, the cameras went on and we just went for it! (laughing) That was weird! It was really out there!
Piston: Well, it really was something else!
Eric: (laughs loudly) That's why Joey did all the talking on the interview part!
Piston: The kids and the parents going (in the Jewish mother accent that Piston uses whenever he does an impression), "Well it was good, but it was a little too loud!"
Eric: (laughs uproariously) The questions... they had some questions all lined up for the people there, I remember that! It was questions like your parents would fucking ask! It really took people by surprise, like "What the fuck is this guy talking about??" It was fun, we had a good time!

They ended the show with:

Last edited by a moderator: