I envy you guys...

:)
You should read a bit more carefully :p
The "minor mistakes" were fixed in the studio BEFORE Joost took them home.
Joost will be engineering the bass, keyboards and vocal recordings, but he won't be mixing the album.

Dennis

Originally posted by Aikara
Yes Breda is cool allright!!
And not just because I live there ;)

Dennis,
It'd be nice if you guys would play here. There's a new place here, called Mezz, which would be great for a Sun Caged show!!
And another question: Why did you record the guitars/drums at studio Moskou, and bass/vox/keys at Joost's place??

Hmmm I only just found this post today. WEIRD!

Feel free to arrange a show for us at the club you mentioned.
Bookers get a nice percentage :)

We recorded the drums and guitars at Studio Moskou, and the rest at Joost's place, because we're financing the recordings ourselves. It would cost a fortune to record everything at Studio Moskou.
It's not a problem at all to record bass, keyboards and vocals at home. You can easily get a good sound at home. And Joost has some killer equipment at home, and most importantly: knows what he's doing. Drums and guitars are more difficult to record at home, because (for drums) you will need about 15 track-inputs to record. Equipment like that is very expensive. No one buys that just for occasional recordings. So a professional studio is a better option. Guitars should (in our case) be recorded LOUD. That's difficult too in Marcel's appartment ;)
On top of that, the guys are able to take their time and experiment whenever they want, without having to worry about time (read: money). Andre lives 10 minutes from Joost, so that's very convenient for him too.

Dennis

Originally posted by Redelijk
[.
It's not a problem at all to record bass, keyboards and vocals at home. You can easily get a good sound at home. That's more difficult for drums and guitars...

I somehow understand the part about time equals money, but why is it harder to get a good sound for the guitars and drums at home? Cause homerecording is what we (my band and I) are planning to do. (also to avoid pressure by spending expensive studio time)

Wouter

Well do you have a soundcard on your PC with 15 (or at least 10) inputs?
I doubt it... You may have a sound card with 4 inputs. That means you'll have to put a lot of signals (drums) together, and this limits your mixing possibilities a lot. Fine for demos, but out of the question when recording a cd....

Also, we recorded the drums and guitars on an analog 16-track recorder. Analog sounds much more "fat" than digital when it comes to drums and guitars (loud sources with lots of bass, recorded with microphones).
We then put it into Pro-Tools after that.

D.

Dennis,

Thanks for sharing this with me. I'm really interested, see.

We don't use a PC but a 16 track digital recorder that can record 8 tracks simultaneously. We record guitars and drums by using mics. Probably they sound better on an analog machine. I can't really tell.

I'd love to share more recording experience from you guys.:)
We could do this by PM or otherwise.

Right now I'm off playing in our rehearsal den.

Wouter