I envy you guys...

Polyeidus

I know you're out there
Feb 6, 2003
NC, USA
ai.bpa.arizona.edu
Man, you guys rock. I've wanted to play this very style ever since I got into progressive music about 4 years ago. I've been looking for bandmates, with no luck. Just people who want to be Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park. I think there are maybe 15 people in this city out of 250,000 who like Progressive/Symphonic Rock/Metal, and maybe two or three of them plays an instrument, but just don't have the chops.

How about NL? Many prog musicians? What is mainstream in Holland?

I think I'd be in heaven to visit, or move even. Just the fine arts alone!

I think you have a totally wrong vision of Holland.

Prog is not at all big here.
All members of Sun Caged live all spread over the entire country.

It's basically impossible to form a (good, serious) band and have all members living in the same city.

There are many musicians in Holland, but not many good "prog" musicians. Loads of wannabees.... :)

Dennis

Well, you said "Holland would be heaven to visit".
Not for prog... We might have ProgPower and Headway. But that's about it...

Dennis

Originally posted by Redelijk
Well, you said "Holland would be heaven to visit".
Not for prog... We might have ProgPower and Headway. But that's about it...

Dennis

Heaven according to the culture and museums. I'm big into prog, but bigger into history and the arts. Guess I shoulda been more clear. Sorry:loco:

For arts and museums, go to Scandinavia! Copenhagen and Stockholm are awesome. Amsterdam is a mess...

Dennis

Hey Dennis, try to bit a bit more proud of our little country.:D

I'm proud of Holland because we do have very talented people living here. Take all members of Sun Caged for instance.
And as far as art and history go what about Anthonie van Leeuwenhoek, Vermeer, Rembrandt, Mercator,
The list is endless....
So do visit Holland but check out which concerts you would like to attend first.

Sure Holland has a lot of cool artistic stuff.
But I'd suggest cities like Maastricht, Breda, Delft or Leiden rather than Amsterdam...

Dennis

Yes Breda is cool allright!!
And not just because I live there ;)

Dennis,
It'd be nice if you guys would play here. There's a new place here, called Mezz, which would be great for a Sun Caged show!!
And another question: Why did you record the guitars/drums at studio Moskou, and bass/vox/keys at Joost's place??

Cool! So you'll be only minutes away from the place where Rob, Joost and Andre will be recording their tracks for the album in the coming weeks (Enschede) :)

Dennis

Originally posted by -=YGRAMUL=-
Isn´t Enschede the place where this fireworks-factory exploded some years ago?
Indeed.
Joost's house moved a couple of inches because of the bang, and the house Andre had just bought was destroyed (luckily he hadn't moved in yet)...

We recorded Killer Banshee (the version that's on "Promo 2002") in a studio near Enschede in December 2000. That was a couple of months after the disaster. We had a look around the city (because Joost lives in the center of the city) and it still is the most creepy experience I ever had. Death was all around... Felt like there had been a war or something. The leftovers of the neighbourhood that was destroyed looked very scary and intimidating.

Dennis

Isn´t Enschede the place where this fireworks-factory exploded some years ago? [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes it is, I'm afraid but I'm not sure if you should bring up such as painful memory.

Anyway, now that it is on the surface again, what about the firecrackers that are going to explode once Joost puts on the music he is going to record and mix ?

Originally posted by Redelijk
Who said Joost is going to mix? :)

I believe I said that. Am I wrong? Please, don't be mad at me.
Thought I read that he was taking the recordings home from the TASCAM 16 track to work on them. Correcting a few minor mistakes and so on. Maybe I interpreted his job as mixing your stuff with his own recordings. Not that I know much about the whole procedure. I didn't mean doing the final mix.
I apologize! :cry: