i figured it out

The Yngster said:
jim austin is actually a robot... its the only way i can rationalize just how perfect the playing on BiO and the new cd are :headbang:

:headbang: Thanks man!! Unlimited studio takes and great engineers definitley help too. I'll never nail it THAT perfect live - but I'll be pretty damned close!!

I'm on Gigantour - so I'm assuming I'll be meeting you at one of the shows?!?! :kickass:

Man you are definitely insane but it's too bad you guys aren't coming to az you're the whole reason I got a ticket :erk:

JimAustin said:
:headbang: Thanks man!! Unlimited studio takes and great engineers definitley help too. I'll never nail it THAT perfect live - but I'll be pretty damned close!!

I'm on Gigantour - so I'm assuming I'll be meeting you at one of the shows?!?! :kickass:

ill be in boston when the tour comes to the northeast and it seems like theres still a few spots in that area to be filled. im just really really hopin that the tour hits the boston area. i dont suppose you or the rest of the guys have any pull in this kind of decision do you?

Nay in that department. My best guess is to create an account on the Gigantour forum and start a 'play a show here' thread and hope the bookees take it into consideration.

Dead or Dreaming is and will always continue to be my favorite outing by Into Eternity, mainly because of the memories I share with the songs.

Oh hi though, I never noticed an Into Eternity forum on here untill right now

My name is Nolan, btw.

Krigloch cuts yo' grass said:
Hey Jim, what is your setup on the new CD?

I used a Yamaha kit in the studio. 8, 10, 12 rack toms mounted on a 22" kick and a 16" floor tom. Remo coated double ply heads.

(from left to right) 14" Jack Dejonnette hats, 8" B8 splash (mounted on the hi-hat stand), 14" AAX Dark crash, 19" AAXplosion, 20" AAX China, 17" Zildjian Custom Crash with an 8" AA China splash mounted on top of it and last but not least - the 20" Earth Ride (love that thing!)

Live I will be using a black Peavy kit - 10, 12, 13 up top and 16" floor with a 22" single kick (Pearl 101TW Cheater pedal). Same cymbals.

MetalNoob said:
Dead or Dreaming is and will always continue to be my favorite outing by Into Eternity, mainly because of the memories I share with the songs.

Oh hi though, I never noticed an Into Eternity forum on here untill right now

My name is Nolan, btw.

Welcome Nolan :kickass:

JimAustin said:
I used a Yamaha kit in the studio. 8, 10, 12 rack toms mounted on a 22" kick and a 16" floor tom. Remo coated double ply heads.

(from left to right) 14" Jack Dejonnette hats, 8" B8 splash (mounted on the hi-hat stand), 14" AAX Dark crash, 19" AAXplosion, 20" AAX China, 17" Zildjian Custom Crash with an 8" AA China splash mounted on top of it and last but not least - the 20" Earth Ride (love that thing!)

Live I will be using a black Peavy kit - 10, 12, 13 up top and 16" floor with a 22" single kick (Pearl 101TW Cheater pedal). Same cymbals.

yamaha fucking rulz !
what do you think about electronic drums?
I have one, DTexpress III, it's amazing ! but nothing can replace the feelings when you play on an accoustic drum

Electric drums are fun to play on. An ex gf had a DTxpress II kit and it was good times to whale on it. I think it had 12 different senitivity levels which is more than enough for dynamics.

Only thing that wasn't good was the kick pad - way too flimsy - but those are upgradable!

I love those DTExpress brains though. I just picked one up off e-bay to trigger my kick for Gigantour. The DTExpress II was awesome for triggering - I'm assuming the III is going to be just that much better!

And yes - acoustic kits are bar none. The expensive roland kits are a lot of fun to play on too - and are awesome if you live in a place where you can't be loud - but will never replace acoustic kits!

The trigger is not a drum program. The way it works is there's a sensitivity pad (the trigger) on the the kick skin. It senses vibration - so when you hit the kick drum - it senses the vibration and it sends a signal to the 'brain' (DTXpress III in this case) every time the kick skin is hit and the brain sends the sound to the PA and out to the main speakers.

So you still have to play the part - it's just that in doing so - you get that wicked punch when you hit the kick - a sound that you would never get just micing the the kick drum normally.

I do play that double kick - and it is triggered - and thanks man!! This is definitley the toughest stuff I've had to play to date!

Triggers are necessary playing at those speeds. It would just be a blur otherwise.

testofwills said:
Yeah thats what i thought..I'm all for triggers especially in a live setting as u want to sound your best...I always get a kick out of people at clubs saying its triggered bla bla but i tell them yeah but u still have to play those parts..Its just sounds better for a live enviorment....

Cya in London and Toronto for Gignatout..:headbang:

Hahaha - yeah - some people think triggers do all the work for you and they could do it too if they as well had a 'trigger' :lol:

Look forward to meeting you man!

The Yngster said:
so of course they add a boston date, but you guys wont be playing on it :(

Damnit hey.................

I hope one of the other shows will be close enough for you to be able to make a little road trip.