I fucking hate digipacks.

Jun 10, 2002
Visit site
I got the Porcupine Tree cd in the mail yesterday, which is amazing by the way, and the packaging pissed me off so much that I took out the booklet and cd and put them in a jewel case. It doesn't have a back though, which sucks, but its alot better than the shit it was in.

I'm hearing the first song I've ever heard from Deliverance right now ("Deliverance") and its incredible. I hope to god this will be an easy album to get in a JEWEL CASE after its release.

Your thoughts?

I can't get over how great this new song is :eek:

I'm sort of indifferent to digipaks, although my Damage Done CD came in a big fat digipak that folds twice for absolutely no reason, which I find mildly annoying.

I wonder if bands get a say about whether or not to release digipaks. I'm tempted to think no, but on the other hand, if Opeth says to MFN "we don't want our CD in a crappy little digipak" will MFN really say "screw you" and release it as a digipak anyway?

I dislike them too, but it's even worse when there is not a cd holder thing and it just slides in the cardboard (In Absentia). After a while, that cd will get all scratched up. but the packaging for Katatonia's LFDGD, it's cool, but it barely fits. if it didnt fit I'd be pissed off :<
anyways I'm probably getting the new Dredg for the holidays also. there are finally some reviews on amazon for it.

What I REALLY hate are those Relapse jewel cases with the bit of paper sticking on the top of them: When I remove that paper, there will ALWAYS remain a sticky spot on the case which makes it stick everywhere and finally become really ugly. I've tried everything, I can't remove it... :mad:

Originally posted by mindflesh
What I REALLY hate are those Relapse jewel cases with the bit of paper sticking on the top of them: When I remove that paper, there will ALWAYS remain a sticky spot on the case which makes it stick everywhere and finally become really ugly. I've tried everything, I can't remove it... :mad:

Use rubbing alcohol and a razor blade. It's a pain in the ass, but it works every time.

The best digipak I seen are for the Roadrunner Record, they work tre money you spend, but I read for example tha the new soilwork, dark tranquility and in flames sucks.....

Originally posted by mindflesh

i fucking hate that....i had thta on my black seeds of vengence cd and in their darkened shrines....twoclassic death metal cds....case ruined!!!....i just change them usually though

Originally posted by replicator
The best digipak I seen are for the Roadrunner Record, they work tre money you spend, but I read for example tha the new soilwork, dark tranquility and in flames sucks.....

very wrong...new soilwork is unbelievable...definitely better than APP...new dark tranquility....prob their third best cd.....new in flames.....yes that sucks