I FUCKING HATE OWNING A CAR.

The Golf has actually been running pretty well lately. Well, until about an hour and a half ago:

ruttu1.jpg

ruttu2.jpg

ruttu3.jpg

ruttu4.jpg

My fiancé was driving home from work and a dude cut in front of her. Everyone's ok though, and that's all that matters. His insurance will cover all the damages, but now we're left without a car for at least several weeks.

I guess this is just one of those days.

2 cars ago for me ...

dumb bitch blows right through a red light and completely t-bones me. I had that car for about 6 months at the time. It was used and a little bit older but ran fucking perfect. Anyway, her insurance comes and check it out, says its totaled and gives me a check for the running value of that car for the year & mileage it had. Turned out to be like $1100. Meanwhile, I had just bought it for $800 and put like $300 into it to get it running perfect so in a way I completely broke even but in reality ...

took me 2 months to find another car that wasn't a chunk of shit and wasn't too much more than the one I had just lost. Had to use the whole $1100, plus $400 more on top (that I didn't even have at the time) and of course the fact that I had to bum rides to and from work for 2 months or to go hang with friends and shit

pain in the balls. Not trying to turn this into a story about me, just saying, I can completely sympathize

Yeah man. It was a stupid thing to buy this car, and it was even more stupid to spend so much money in repairing it, but you know, "hey, we've already spent so much on this, there's no reason to not repair this next thing and next thing and next thing" :/

Now we're still over 3k in debt for this piece of junk and there's no way we're getting anything near that from the insurance \o/

what a great occassion for this thread to be bumped, I just bought a car a month ago, Audi A3 year 1998. Apparently it´s in good condition though, but with cars that old, you never know what might come up. My first actually bought by us car, both the wife and myself had cars back in Vzla but those were bought by and taken care of by our parents, this is going to be a fun adventure.

Hunting for a used cheap car is once again a nightmare. Everyone has something to say about every single car out there. I'm currently considering a 97-2000 Audi or Volvo S40, but odds are I can't afford either.

On the other hand Finland's weather would probably benefit greatly from global warming so fuck that. :lol:

Hear hear, my baws are freezing here :(

Yeah I own the car outright and don't have a car payment, so I can't bitch to hard when a repair comes up.

I hated having a car payment. Insurance was a lot higher as well ($35 now, $135 when I had a stupid car payment).

did you drop down to basic liability only? if so, i would definitely recommend keeping full insurance...i had a car a few years back that i owned in full, had liability + uninsured motorists coverage...figured as long as i didn't smash into a wall or anything i'd be OK

then some kid got drunk, broke into my car, and lit it on fire...adios $8000, and i've been carrying a $200+/mo. payment for almost 5 yrs. now because i didn't have cash for another car

=/