I get to choose a guitar out to buy, what is something good for $200-300?

Brakk

May 15, 2007
I was wondering a V guitar, or something like that

but I get to choose one from the local guitar shop, they have a few of em like that, but any recommendations? I have no clue actually where to start on guitars, I just know basses currently

__
Maybe posting my favorite bands will help, they are

Death
Sadus
Kreator
Atheist
Bathory

I'd go for a Dean at that price range if you're after a V. Find a good cheap one that feels fine and whose electronics seem to be working and replace the pickups whenever you can.

Jeff

Yeah go for the Dean....

I actually like the pickups in my $100 Dean, I'd never switch them out.... Something unique about the cheapness of them...

Good call. I found the Scorpion bass to be quite pleasant. Same company.

I like it better in white, just wish it came 7-string.

hornetwh1.jpg

if it's gotta be a V, I'd go for an Asian-made Jackson randy rhoads bolt-on and drop a new pup in the bridge down the road. a bill-n-becky lawrence of course. :headbang: doesn't ibanez have a new cheapy v out too? can't go wrong there. while you're at it, get a book on setups and make sure it's set up nice.

for more 'round the house playability, I'd go for a strat though - any brand already mentioned in the thread that feels best.

+1 to the Agile Hornet, but it needs a setup due to fret buzz and you should probably make sure electronics are up to snuff when it arrives, one of my old bands had a guitarist who sucked but his agile LP copy sounded so mean....FUCK.

+1 to the Agile Hornet, but it needs a setup due to fret buzz and you should probably make sure electronics are up to snuff when it arrives, one of my old bands had a guitarist who sucked but his agile LP copy sounded so mean....FUCK.

Do you recall what model it was? They have a number of them out (AL200 to AL400) ranging from 130 something to 700 dollars for one new :worship: