I got banned from playing Guitar and my music during my Free's in school

Dave_Mustaine84

Boogies Woogies
Nov 27, 2002
MillPark, Victoria, Australia
some fucking arsewhole protested in a VCE meeting about me playing guitar and playing my music on the student cd player during my free's :mad:, i tell ya im being discriminated against, cause everyone seems to be able to play their shitty pop music, rap and techno :mad:

you know I DIDN'T EVEN PLAY FUCKING METAL ON THE CD PLAYER!!!! all i played was Queens of the Stone Age's Rated R and Fu Manchu's California Crossing :mad:
you wanna hear the worst of it!!!!!!
ONLY ONE OF MY FUCKING MATES BACKED ME UP!!!!! all the rest bitched about how nobody likes metal :mad:

Well when I were a lad we couldn't have music at all. No headphones, nuffink. It would disturb those around us trying to study. Pfft. Them? Study. I was the one studing.

When I were a lad, I had to walk 20 miles to school in 50 degree heat over broken glass and hot coals... Shoes? Ha - we never needed any shoes! We were too tough for that stuff!

And when we got to school we never listend to music - we just ate dirt! And we liked it!

You kids today... Hmph! You have it sooo easy! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

When I was a lad we didn't even HAVE music. We used to stamp the ground with our feet and clap our hands. As for school... ha! We had to walk 50 miles through the desert and a swamp and sit on rocks in an open field. The teacher would stand at the front and lecture us and we had to remember it all because books and pen hadn't been invented yet...

Back in my day God was too busy creating the universe to worry about what I was listening to :D

MetalMeshuggahMan said:
some fucking arsewhole protested in a VCE meeting about me playing guitar and playing my music on the student cd player during my free's :mad:, i tell ya im being discriminated against, cause everyone seems to be able to play their shitty pop music, rap and techno :mad:

you know I DIDN'T EVEN PLAY FUCKING METAL ON THE CD PLAYER!!!! all i played was Queens of the Stone Age's Rated R and Fu Manchu's California Crossing :mad:
you wanna hear the worst of it!!!!!!
ONLY ONE OF MY FUCKING MATES BACKED ME UP!!!!! all the rest bitched about how nobody likes metal :mad:

I can kind of relate to where you're coming from. Back when I was at school, everyone listened to the shitty pop, rap and techno music you complained about. At lunchtime we would have a 'school radio' playing where people can listen to music in the playground. Once I went in there and played some heavy rock stuff (quote: I DIDN'T EVEN PLAY FUCKING METAL!!) and I sent the whole school into a frenzy. They all marched upon the room which contained the radio and banged on the door demanding that the rock music be turned off. I remember someone even broke the doorknob and it fell off.

Despite that I actually listened to a lot of music during my free's. There was a cd player in my school library and the librarians let me take it to a little room out the back and play my music. No one could complain about it then because everyone was out wagging during the free's. Even though I did get dissed over my music, I still think times have changed for the better - as Spiff, Lord Tim and others on this thread have put it, back in the old days there was just no way people could listen to music at school, and school was also much harder back then.

Why don't you kick up a fuss about the stuff they're playing, MMM? If it's pop shit then it would likely be about sex and girls and boys and that sort of stuff. Let them know that you find that content in songs offensive, and would prefer that kind of smut not to be played.

True, many pop songs are actually quite suggestive both lyrically and image-wise... and a lot of rap actually has more swear words in it than most metal songs.

Apolyom-Todd said:
Yes.. but metal is "satanic" :rolleyes:

It's generally the black metal and some death metal bands that are openly satanic. Other styles of metal often use 'dark' imagery but they usually don't preach satanism.

vic was 'ere said:
It's generally the black metal and some death metal bands that are openly satanic. Other styles of metal often use 'dark' imagery but they usually don't preach satanism.

I know that... you know that... we all know that! But do the people who complain know or care about that?

Good to see the arguement I have been using for years is finally getting through to others...How is a song about licking pussy and arse alright FILTH to pilfer to 13 year olds but a SYL song is the wrong thing to let the wider people listen too....fuck 'em

This reminds me of that Monty Python sketch... where they talk about their poor lives from back in the day... "I lived in a box on a busy road and worked 30 hours a day..."

Was really funny...

As for music, fuck em, get some headphones...