i got so many christmas presents that i totally do not deserve at all

carnival of souls is regarded as a minor classic for the lack of budget. i think it was actually a "lost" film for a number of years.

i didn't like it that much, but i mean, for something made with no money, and by a bunch of people that knew nothing about making movies in the early 60's, it is fairly creepy and well-done.

i recall having a minor crush on the main character.

unfortunately my roommate has people visiting who hooked up their own video game system to the tv in the living room, so i havent been able to play yet.
i am too nice. i should make them unhook it. since it's my tv and my roommate has his own!

I enjoyed Carnival of Souls - definitely interesting back story and good use of location. Very different for the time, too. The extras on the DVD are nice.

one of the people at my apartment is from BCO! they are friends with my roommate. weird!

but anyway, it's okay. i will suck it up! it'll make it all the better i guess.

the criterion copy had a couple short dece documentaries from public access tv and a great photojournal/info section about the crazy palace thingy in the desert. besides the usual cleaned up print and so forth. oh, and the trailers of course.

well, see, the thing is, i dont want people bugging him because he's a nice kid. and i dont want to be posted about due to my stalker issues :/

i've just accepted that i also got the following present from rico: the FLU.
okay. there. i said it! i've been in denial all weekend. i feel barfarific. and my nose is a faucet.

:( sad panda

most of what i got was dvds, since i got a player for my bday around thanksgiving.
um: veggietales- toy that saved christmas, harry potter, star wars II, christmas vacation, a christmas story, monty python & the holy grail, north by northwest, old hitchcock movies

cds: norah jones, eric clapton (which my sister likes, but I don't care for, yet she insists on giving it to me since I play gtr), bluegrass xmas music, more xmas music

christmas ornaments from my mother (who is obsessed with them, yet knows she doesn't need any more, so must get her fix by buying them for others)

a mortar & pestle to crush things with

carmex

can't remember much else- well, money.
still more gifts to come from sister & dad