I gotta be honest Egan

Here is a high quality version of the video. The guy who worked on this, Ramon Boutviseth, really did an amazing job and youtube quality doesn't do his work justice.

This is reeeeally great Egan! :kickass:
Great song, great video and great mix. Don't know why I haven't previously made an effort to check your myspace - now I'm thinking of picking up some album :)

I love that snare sound.

Jens Bogren delivers once again! :headbang:

And yeah, again, really can't stress enough how much I dig your clean vox and the songs that feature them Egan! :) And quite honestly, A Portrait in White is an example of one of those songs that just really doesn't grab me that much; a bit on the slow/plodding side (at least in the chorus) and atonal - I really love "A Subtle Violence" personally!

I really feel like Cathedral has the type of vibe you are talking about. It's kind of funny that the fastest song on the record is the one you find slow, but I sort of know what you're talking about. Part of the issue for a band like ours is that we have to choose "singles" with length in mind-- for example LTB was chosen in part b/c it was one of only 2 songs I could edit to under 5 minutes w/o totally ruining them. We didn't get a ton of MTV2 rotation but we wouldn't have gotten any with an 8 minute video.

It's a great song, I definitely agree with others that your clean vocals are amazing. Hardly anybody likes the sound of their own voice; it took me years before I could even tolerate my own voice actually. I'm still not convinced of myself as a vocalist, but I'm working at it. The main reason I became a vocalist is because I wasn't happy with any of the vocalists I auditioned for Backmask many years ago, and figured that I at least have good ideas, if nothing else.

Regardless, you guys are one of my favorite bands, and by far one of the best metal bands in America period.

Regardless, you guys are one of my favorite bands, and by far one of the best metal bands in America period.

Oh man, there's not a number big enough for the amount I want to + that! Both because you guys are awesome and because I can't stand most metal from my country :(

wow a DD apreesh thread, nice! Well Egan knows I've already told him I think he's a great singer, and he should do vocals live more often, and play the pure clean vox songs from lttl live!

I'm a sucker for Doom/Death and DD is definitely rising as the best of the genre currently, given the fact that all classic doom/death bands shifted styles and abandoned the genre long ago (not that I don't like what they have become, Paradise Lost is the only one that sucks ass right now, rest are still great bands)