i hate gAyOL

Baliset

guitar deity
Jul 31, 2002
New England
www.maudlinofthewell.com
i am on the phone with their customer service right now trying to cancel my service and the guy is trying to push me into staying with them and shit.

i hate sales oriented customer service.

i am trying to be polite and not say things like "your service is too expensive" or "you suck ass" but he just keeps pushing.

ARGH22J3ORJO3HOHO2@@#@#$#$$#!

weird! my sister just called me to tell me that she timed her phone call today to aol to cancel her service and it took 20 minutes, and that isnt counting the time she was on hold! she said the dude kept asking her questions and it was really annoying.

luckily i cut him off before it could go to long. he was being all buddy buddy with me saying shit like:

"can i call you Greg?"
"so talk to me, tell me whats going on."

after offering me all this shit i just got fed up and said "look that all sounds wonderful and i don't really have too much of a problem with your service(again trying to be as nice as possible) but what i want to have happen today is my service cancelled completely."

and then he shut up.

yay me.

prep give your sister my sympathy. i think i timed my call with them at about the 7 minute mark but thats with cutting him off mid sales pitch.

i can't believe they are such sharks about getting people to stay with their service! i would diss them even more, but AOL time warner donates several million dollars to help people with AIDS at my company every year so i can't player hate them too hard.

one time though i wanted to change the 'owner' of me and jez's account to my mom and dad, since they wanted it and we didn't, and i got a ration of shit for it. i had to fax them a signed statement that it was okay!

yea, just DONT EVEN TRY THAT! i had to cancel our gas service entirely and just restart it a week later becuase they refused to accept that one roommate could move out without the other one.

I don't need to tell you this but if you tell him AOL is too expensive, it's not impolite. Especially since he didn't set the price or anything like that so your comment in now way would reflect on him personally or hurt his feelings. He probably hates AOL too.

Also if you do tell sales people stuff like you think what they have is too expensive they will usually give you a special price. I had a credit card that I called to cancel, and they were all ike oh stay, please stay, wah wah and I was like I am cancelling this card unless you lower my interest rate by half and give me no membership fee. And then they did!

Also it can work in your favor too, like MCI called us to try and switch to their long distance and I said, "I already get 5 cents a minute 24 hours a day so unless you can give me 3 cents a minute I am hanging up." And the guy was like OK bye.

i totally pictures like this smooth guy wearing a medallion being all like 'so talk to me...' hehehe.

also, when i left my old apartment and moved to this one, the previous tenant had MCI and it took me 2.5 months for us to switch it to AT&T and to convince MCI that they shouldnt keep switching it back automatically.

toby i know it wouldn't be impolite but when i call to cancel soemthing i want to ask them to cancel it and be done with it and not answer questions about why i am cancelling it and getting into a discussion about the price would annoy the piss out of me at this point.

Originally posted by FuSoYa

Also it can work in your favor too, like MCI called us to try and switch to their long distance and I said, "I already get 5 cents a minute 24 hours a day so unless you can give me 3 cents a minute I am hanging up." And the guy was like OK bye.

oh yeah same here. verizon called me once to switch to their long distance and i told them my company's rates were better and when they asked what they were i told them and the guy shut up and hung up.

I just got a call that was this pre-recorded message and it was all like "WE'VE BEEN TRYING TO REACH YOU DUE TO THE SENSETIVE NATURE OF THIS CALL YOU MUST CALL ME BACK AT 1 800 BLAH BLAH BLAH"

So I called the number and got a recording. :bah:

I wanted to yell at them about soliciting to a god damn receptionist.

bananahump.gif

we always get these prerecorded calls about cable service and satelite TV and i want to scream I DONT WATCH TV ASSSSSHOLES! but then it is just a recording.

sigh.

p.s. that grumble emoticon is amazing.

at&t calls me constantly. we switched service from the becuase they called so much AFTER we signed up. and then we told them so. they don't call anymore.

greg is a total pussy. I thought he was a scary metalhead, but I WAS WRONG