i hate how there is nowhere to get breakfast here until 8 AM. wtf

You need:

mainlogo.gif

Unfortunately, I don't think there are any within 400 miles of Boston.

Oh man, I love Waffle House! I eat there all the time, no matter what time of day. Texas Cheesesteak Plate with hashbrowns and a bowl of grits = pure [fatty, cholesterol-filled, artery-killing] heaven.

zaftigs? i was just there for dinner two days ago. brisket, mmm!

seriously, between the white bread and the mayonnaise, there is no greater foe to good food than the wily American WASP.

That's what's good about Waffle House. They don't assume you want mayo on your sandwich, so they give you a little packet of it at the side of the plate rather than making you specify whether you want it or not. The remaining mayo-in-a-packet can be then used as a projectile weapon at some later point.

I've eaten at Waffle House once. The food wasn't all that bad, but the people working there were such carnies. It scared the shit out of me when he was like: "I don't want any of you kids to end up in the obituaries." I guess he was trying to be nice perhaps. See kids, that's what dropping out of school will get you.

I think maybe that's part of the appeal (?). I don't know, I usually like the people as well, except there was this really dingy one in Knoxville that made me feel sort of uneasy, but I usually go to a rather nice one (for a Waffle House, that is) so I'm used to a pretty high quality of 24-hour breakfasty goodness.

In all honesty, who can really deny the entertainment value of seeing a drunken cowboy stumble around a Waffle House, tipping his hat to everyone he encounters? Or perhaps a guy wearing a white trash tuxedo (read: denim coat, jeans, and a blue shirt with cowboy boots) describe how he gets his trashy girlfriend wet just sitting in the booth, while sipping on a Mr. Pibb with a man who looks like a grizzled old prospecter with the prerequisite missing teeth? Needless to say, I plan on continuing my late night visits to a haven of such utter entertainment. I propose that children should be brought to waffle house late at night as a reinforcement to their drug prevention education regarding alcohol. Also, for those more mature, it borders on dinner theater, watching some live reality television with some deliciously greasy treats.

Tastefully yours,
A Texas Bacon Patty Melt Plate