I wanna meet the band...how early should I get there? Heh...

Azogue

New Metal Member
OK, so I'm going to the Houston show this Saturday, and I'll probably get to Houston at around 2 PM, then I plan on going to a record store and buy some metal albums :cool:, so I think I'll get to Fitzgerald's at around 4 PM.

Do you think I'll get to meet Opeth? I'm sure I'll be one of the first to be there, cause it's happened before...I'm always there really early just to make sure. So, do you think I have a chance? If not, how early do you think I shoudl get there?

And if you've ever been to Fitzgerald's, do you know if it's hard or easy to get to meet the bands that perform there...or will the security be tight when Opeth gets there, that maybe they won't let me near them?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

I'v got to meet them at San Diego. The show was starting at 7:00, i went there at around 3:15 and there were 5 people in the line, and Peter Mikaeal Martin and Martin were just hanging out aroun the Venue , doing soundcheck and stuff.. so it was so easy to meet and talk to them.

So I think you should be there at least 2.5 hours before the show..
But usually you can catch them after the show,especially near tour bus or something..

well good luck :Spin:

Yeah I was standing in line with atrocity, I got there around 4:30, and the band was just walking about and doing their sound check. Martin Lopez walked to the tour bus and then mumbled something to the couple of us in line about standing in the shade. And Mike and Martin walked out and down the street, I don't know where they were going, but it wasn't like they were surrounded by security or anything and a couple people went up to Mike as he was walking around the parking lot and he signed some autographs for them. And after the show, around 1, Peter and Mike were right outside their tour bus just talking to about a dozen of us fans who were still there, I got my picture taken with them. They are very easy to talk to and meet, at least in my experience, great guys and after the show might be your best bet to really talk to the guys, judging from what happened to me.

Lucky guys... :bah:

It never really occured to me to arrive that early.. (The gigs I went to, I walked past an hour before and there were 5 people on the steps.. came back half an hour later after geting food, and the line stretched all the way around the venue :cry: No sign of any of the members though)

But I waited around till about 2am at one of the gig's an they never showed... they were still mucking around out the back....

Ah well.. maybe next time. *Sigh*

Mike went record shopping =). I was hanging around inside the club (back door and stairs from the top level were free access). That was maybe 2 hours before the show, they finally kicked everyone out at around 6:15 after Lacuna finished their soundcheck. Mike was standing right behind us watching them and had a few records that he bought (one was The Doors). He didn't seem in much a mood to talk and I sure wasn't gonna be the one to bug him but did get to say Hi and get an autograph. Then he and Peter were hanging out at the bar.

So to answer the question about 3 hours early or so, they pretty much just hang out so it's really easy to meet them. Of course not every venue makes it that easy to just walk in the back either.

Umm last concert I went to was Amon Amarth at fitzgeralds, they unloaded right in front of the line, I asked if they needed any help carrying stuff in and they said yes, so I carried some equipment in for them, so I don't think you should have a problem meeting the band or what not.

i went to a metal pub after the gig in dublin. I was staying in my friends house cos i wasnt from dublin so i left fairly early so as not to inconvenience him, my friend text me about 10 minutes after I left and said that Mikael just walked in! He got his photo taken with him and autographs and everything!