How dark should Opeth get?

Id like to see Opeth, get a bit more Avant garde, start pushing the boundaries a bit more.

But not too much i suppose, wouldnt want it to interfere with the Opeth sound.

Wouldn't mind some other blackwater park'ish songs tbh.. As Im more into growling and the heavy stuff! Oh and Heir apparent:)

spinal-tap.jpg

The answer is none...none more black, innit?

Backwards singing. Kinda like "hey that's cute" in BTPISIO and kinda like "seriously mike? again? seriously?" in HP

both sections are not even similar, smartass...

I could gladly take your comment as pure fine heresy, if the sarcasm in it wasn't so poor..

I fail to see how the ending of "Burden" is a joke. Everybody says that it's a joke, but I just fail to see what's funny about it. Did it really make some people laugh when they heard it? To me, it was just a cool idea for an outro, and makes the transition into "Porcelain Heart" work extremely well.

Backwards vocals on "Hessian Peel" was a joke, but a hidden one. It's not funny until you reverse it and realize what's being referenced.

I'd have to disagree with that too, then. One of the best outros I've ever heard (excluding epic outros).

both sections are not even similar, smartass...

I could gladly take your comment as pure fine heresy, if the sarcasm in it wasn't so poor..

Doesn't matter if the sections as a whole are similar. The fact is the first use is experimentation but once you hear it two times more in Hessian Peel, it's almost like a gimmick for them. I wasn't sarcastic at all, sorry if you misread my post.