A couple more questions about the Houston show...

Azogue

New Metal Member
Last thread I start regarding the Houston show (till my much anticipated review :p), promise.

If anyone who reads this has been to Fitzgerald's, can you tell me if they allow bringing in disposable cameras? I don't intend to take pictures for a website or anything (don't have a scanner nor digi cam), just for my personal viewing (but if I do take some, I'll find a way to scan them).

Oh, and if they don't allow cameras; do they have metal detectors? I'm asking cause of the camera of course, no guns or knives ;)

Also, I'd like some help from anyone who lives in Houston. I want to buy some metal albums/shirts and I just wanna know of any good record stores. Particularly ones that are metal oriented. Laredo, the american city closest to me sucks in that department, and my best chance of finding some metal records there is at Best Buy....*shudder*

And finally, is there a good "weed smoking hangout" close to Fitzgerald's? Hah. I mean, are cops abundant around that venue? I've been to very few shows, but I was able to do that at large venues...but since this one seems to be really small, I'm guessing it'll be easier for the cops to spot the stoners.

So anyway, hope someone can help out with some of those questions...see you guys there! :wave:

1. You shouldn't have any trouble getting a camera in.
2. There are no metal detectors.
3. The best store for metal is:

Diamondhead Records Cd's & Tapes​
5020 Louetta Road​
Spring, TX 77379​

Its about 20 miles from Fitzgerald's.

4. You probably don't want to smoke inside Fitzgeralds. There are usually no cops around, but the place is small enough for the employees to spot you and throw you out. As far as hangouts around Fitzgerald's, I can't really help you. You could probably do it in your car with little risk.​

Azogue said:
Also, I'd like some help from anyone who lives in Houston. I want to buy some metal albums/shirts and I just wanna know of any good record stores. Particularly ones that are metal oriented.

The only one that really comes to mind is Sound Exchange. They have a solid metal section in the back with a few shirts and a good CD selection. The place looks like a shitty house from the outside. Opeth's first signing party in Houston was here.

You also might want to check Soundwaves. This place is in no way a metal store but they do have a pretty good selection.

Both of those stores are in Montrose and within 5 miles of eachother, so good luck.

Vinal Edge has a great selection of hardcore/metalcore if that's your thing. Their metal section leaves a lot to be desired though.

As far as metal shirts, the only places that come to mind are Bizarre Bazaar and High Times. I haven't been to these places in over 5 years so i don't know if they have gone nu-metal or not. But High Times has some great bongs. :tickled: