Questions for the band.

Black Session said:
Has Opeth ever played on an open air stage on a festival? and does it appeal to you? Because I don't think the atmosphere would be good .. a dark tent or dark indoor act seems to fit much better.
I was wondering because on the summer festivals this year, since Opeth has become more famous and popular, the chance of being scheduled on the main stage in open air is becoming bigger ... I would be disappointed I think.

I saw a video in which they did... And wasn't SOTU an outdoor thing too? Not sure about that though.

The atmosphere wasn't the same, as you guessed. Still great of course.

Everytime someone refers to Mikael as The Almighty, Jesus stabs a kitten. Bonus points if you actually use the weird Swedish jiggly thingy on the A, then he kills two and ejaculates on them afterwards.

Stop being a bunch of fucking fanboys. Jesus. Everytime Mikael even replies in a thread the next 10 replies are OMFG I POSTED IN THE SAME THREAD AS MIKAEL I WILL CONTINUE NEVER TO WASH MY FINGERS EVER AGAIN.

CAIRATH said:
Everytime someone refers to Mikael as The Almighty, Jesus stabs a kitten. Bonus points if you actually use the weird Swedish jiggly thingy on the A, then he kills two and ejaculates on them afterwards.

Stop being a bunch of fucking fanboys. Jesus. Everytime Mikael even replies in a thread the next 10 replies are OMFG I POSTED IN THE SAME THREAD AS MIKAEL I WILL CONTINUE NEVER TO WASH MY FINGERS EVER AGAIN.
awww please dont hurt the kittens

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Wow. I can see this thread has turned into a large pile of fecal matter.

My question is (To the whole band), are you getting tired of the way people act on this forum?

- (I'm sure you are.)
am sure they dont realy care and arent we all here to enjoy ourselves..:)

Yeah but when people say some stupid things other people blow it out of proportion. (I don't think I just did or I would have said something like "YOU FUCKING RETARDS MIKE FUCKING HATES YOU BECAUSE YOU POST LIKE DUMBASSES!!!")

We can't enjoy ourselves when people are being geese. :erk:

- :erk: :err:

I know I've seen Anna post in here a few times, but not anyone from the band. I always presumed the band got distilled feedback from Anna and perhaps others close to the band who monitor this forum.

Heh, I've often wondered what Opeth thought of their fan base based on what's posted here. They're probably frightened. :lol:

He might read the forum more if there was more interesting discussion about music and less fanboyism. Every other thread here is either a poll or a "Which Opeth song is the [best/worst/heaviest/longest/shortest]?" thread. Who really cares? All you're going to get is a bunch of people trying to convince eachother that their opinion is better and it accomplishes absolutely fuck all. Nor does it make for interesting discussion. Especially not when it's been done to death already over the past 5 years.

All of the random banter between a bunch of people who recently joined this forum is pretty annoying too really. That's what Instant Messengers are for.