Ask Romeo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
MJR enjoyed doing the Gigantour chat last week, & told me to ask ya'll to send in any questions you may have for him. So post your questions here, I'll get them to him while he's on the road, & he'll chose questions to answer (sorry, we can't guarantee that all questions will be answered). Let's hear them! :)

Edit: Your question has a lot better chance of being chosen if it hasn't already been addressed in the band's FAQ, so do please check that first! :)

Same in Lisa X's post:

1. Can you expalin the similarity between Spocks Beard's V and S-X's V. Or is it just coincidental?

v.jpg

cover_47498322005.jpg

2. Can you give us a hint on the theme of the next album? Or the name of at least one track?

Do you think you'll ever work with Ayreon again? Would you ever consider another concept album like "V"?
Thanks for all you've done. The Cleveland show was amazing, even though it was only 3 songs, and I was really glad to meet you again, even though you probably don't remember me.

soundgarden said:
Same in Lisa X's post:

1. Can you expalin the similarity between Spocks Beard's V and S-X's V. Or is it just coincidental?

They were asked this when V first came out..the similarity is merely a coincidence.

2. Can you give us a hint on the theme of the next album? Or the name of at least one track?

I'll pass this one on. :)

Sorry, I have 4, but an answer for any one would be awesome since he's going out of his way to do this.

1. Do you plan to keep the classical/baroque influence on the music? The last album seemed to move away from that, with a few obvious exceptions.

2. If you could do a G3 tour with you and two others, who would you bring?

3. What kind of microphone placement/EQ/overdubs do you use on your amps in the studio? The rhythm sound on The Odyssey is killer!

4. The guitar/keyboard unison after the guitar solo in Masquerade (the remake) - is that tapped or picked?

Great show at Gigantour in Pittsburgh, and thanks for coming out to say hi (even though you stole Lepond from us!) :) And thanks for answering our questions.

One stupid question...
is the bonustrack of masquerade on the album 'the odyssey' still with the old bassist tom, or is it a remake with mike leopond? (hope i spelt that rite)

1. What guitar players (or any musicians for that matter) are you listening to these days that inspire you or that you feel exceptionally talented? How has this list changed from when you first started playing?

2. What other styles of music (if any) do you enjoy playing?

3. What inspired you to develop your tapping technique?

4. If you could put together a band of your dreams to play with for one gig, who would be in it?

5. Please please please make an instuctional book and/or video. The Guitar Chapter was a great demonstration video, but we would all love some instructional to get an insight into your playing.

northpole7776 said:
One stupid question...
is the bonustrack of masquerade on the album 'the odyssey' still with the old bassist tom, or is it a remake with mike leopond? (hope i spelt that rite)

It's Romeo, there was some other thread about this, i think they were inbetween bassists at the time of making it ('98) so he just did it himself.

1. What kind of bass and gear was Miller using? Especially at the Divine Wings of Tragedy era?

2. Will your new album have any songs tuned below D, since you have stated it's gonna be heavier than The Odyssey?

1.- Which pickups are you actually using on your guitars?
2.- Will you record a new instructional vid someday?
3.- Which effects (compression,delays...) do you use in live perfomances?
4.- Why you choose line6 instead of mesa boogie?

ha ha ya ive noticed that simularity before SOUNDGARDEN that craps funny

i had to even show my guitar teacher how to do some of michael romeos dimminished tapping stuff because hes never heard or seen it done before so he really likes symphx now that i let him listen but my guitar teacher is still hella better than i am that was just one technique he hasnt seen it was the one on the begining of "Of
Sins And Shadows"

he b ball i was at the irvine show too and i do agree russle allans voice was friggen perfect

:headbang: i was right next to the speaker when watching symphony x it was incredibly loud

awsome though

Status
Not open for further replies.