Ask Janne!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Janne tunes his keyboard the same as Alexi tunes his guitar. Alexi usually tunes to D, one whole step down, so Janne would tune his keyboard a whole step down as well. I'm not sure how that would work with drop tunings though.

I also think that Janne is transposing 1 or 2 steps. I had a close look at the beginning of Downfall in CRY and it looks as if he's only hitting white keys which means that he transposed 1 step to D.

I also think that Janne is transposing 1 or 2 steps. I had a close look at the beginning of Downfall in CRY and it looks as if he's only hitting white keys which means that he transposed 1 step to D.

Your right. Also in the Every Time I Die solo, as if it is not easy enough, Janne transposes down one step so that he plays ALL WHITE keys in A minor. :rolleyes:

Yo!
I had an idea of setting up a cam when me and my brother record the next Warmen and then posting some clips where you can see me recording the actual solos and stuff on the upcoming album. I tought some fans of techinical playing might enjoy this?

Is this ever gonna happen?

Originally Posted by Janne Warman
Yo!
I had an idea of setting up a cam when me and my brother record the next Warmen and then posting some clips where you can see me recording the actual solos and stuff on the upcoming album. I tought some fans of techinical playing might enjoy this?

It's so weird there isn't any material like this from him. But then again it's COB, they're always.. busy.

Yeah, but Alexi's going to release an Instructional DVD... I don't complain, I'm guitarist and I will be glad when it comes out (I won't mind if he's once again explaining pentatonics and Emin sweeps), but if Alexi has time surely Janne must have too. And as he has enough abilities to do this, IMO it's more that any company has offered him a deal or something like that, or just that he doesn't want to do it/he's too lazy. But I think it'd be more the first reason, because if he were lazy, he wouldn't have a studio and Warmen and play from time to time a gig with that band and then do a guest apearance there or play keyboards for some album.

Yea man I mean do you guys realize how gay it is to ask Hey Janne, where did you get that keyboard stand? Every keyboard player knows it's a normal stand with the extra handles.

Let's just pretend i'm a beginner here and nobody had actually told me that it's a normal stand with the additional tier, i mean i know u probably want everyone to think ur an asshole cuz u listen to metal and u probably r, but that still doesn't mean im not gonna tell u to fuck off and get a life instead of hangin off this thread like a fuckin bad smell and actually askin a legitimate question like the thread is made for. Suck my dick.

Let's just pretend i'm a beginner here and nobody had actually told me that it's a normal stand with the additional tier, i mean i know u probably want everyone to think ur an asshole cuz u listen to metal and u probably r, but that still doesn't mean im not gonna tell u to fuck off and get a life instead of hangin off this thread like a fuckin bad smell and actually askin a legitimate question like the thread is made for. Suck my dick.

Ask Janne doesn't mean "Go on and ask everything you want to know about anything". The stand question was easy the google or you could have ask anybody. "Ask Janne" is for question that only him or so could answer, like "How often do you wash your hair".

Ask Janne doesn't mean "Go on and ask everything you want to know about anything". The stand question was easy the google or you could have ask anybody. "Ask Janne" is for question that only him or so could answer, like "How often do you wash your hair".

Alright fair call maybe it was not rocket science, but the tier Janne uses for angling his keys looks different than anything I could find, I just thought maybe he uses a custom brace or something. Didnt expect to start pussywars

+992563469

If these noobs keep posting dumbass questions, the good ones will also end up unaswered.

...go back to the "ASK" thread and please answer my questions :mad:

These...

When you solo, do you transpose to fit the key? Like -1 step or -2 steps? Or do you leave it as is and play most your stuff in the key of D minor? (or the new down-tuned crap in C minor)

There is something I wanna clear up about this whole tune thing. Like you all "know" here, I have tuned my keyboard one whole step down. (Just to make Everytime solo easier as I red here) If one plays in a band with down tuned instruments such as guitars I personally think you would reach a completely new level of retardness (beyond or equal to this forum) if you would not transpose your keyboard down one whole step accordingly. Communicating with ones bandmates is so much easier when if someone asks you to play a E-note and you press one on your keyboard it actually is the same E-note he was referring to. Amazing.
Another thing that a lot of people (even guitar players) dont seem to understand that if a one whole step downtuned guitar is then "dropped" meaning the low E is downtuned one more whole step, the lowest string does not became a C. Even the guitar was already downtuned one whole step the lowest string is D. (so no theres no new downtuned crap in C, just in D)
I just read the question again and this ofcourse applies to EVERYTHING I play not just solos.

Status
Not open for further replies.