Ask Janne!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo Janne, some more serious questions for you: What is the most difficult CoB riff or solo for you to play (I'm guessing the Mask of Sanity solo)? Also, aside for the new material for the album, what piano pieces have you been studying/practicing lately?

Ah crap.. when he was online yesterday I asked for the missing song titles of the new album, but he refused to give them by not answering, so I deleted the post.

you know thats not really janne

Fool.

ANYWAYS...

Yo Janne, some more serious questions for you: What is the most difficult CoB riff or solo for you to play (I'm guessing the Mask of Sanity solo)? Also, aside from the new material for the album, what piano pieces have you been studying/practicing lately?

AND...

Is there going to be acoustic piano parts in any of the new songs? In the studio photos there was a grand piano, was it just for practicing?

ALSO...

When you solo, do you transpose to fit the key? Like -1 step or -2 steps? Or do you leave it as is and play most your stuff in the key of D minor? (or the new down-tuned crap in C minor)

IT DOESN'T END THERE...

Which keyboard do you prefer, the Korg X5 or the X50? Or neither? :lol:

When you solo, do you transpose to fit the key? Like -1 step or -2 steps? Or do you leave it as is and play most your stuff in the key of D minor? (or the new down-tuned crap in C minor)

Transpose? Hell I hope he doesn't do that, usually when you are playing, you play your things on the rights key, if you need to play a D#, you it the D#. You don't transpose your thing to play a D# on the F, that would really be unprofessional and Janne play the piano for long now, he doesn't need to do such tricks to play the songs.

The only reason he would transpose is if one day the guys decide to change the key of a song (Alexi, Roope and Henkka using a different tuning on their guitars) and he doesn't want to learn the songs another time by exemple, but even with that that's cheating :p

You DO know it's not him..? :lol:

You DO know it's him...? :erk:

Most say he isn't. I don't think he his, but I dunno.

Moderators : 4
COBHC Webmaster, bobvex, MagSec4, Janne Warman

Janne Warman the Moderator profile:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/member.php?u=13796

Janne Warman the one who posted here profile:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/member.php?u=13796

So yeah, it's Janne.

Transpose? Hell I hope he doesn't do that, usually when you are playing, you play your things on the rights key, if you need to play a D#, you it the D#. You don't transpose your thing to play a D# on the F, that would really be unprofessional and Janne play the piano for long now, he doesn't need to do such tricks to play the songs.

The only reason he would transpose is if one day the guys decide to change the key of a song (Alexi, Roope and Henkka using a different tuning on their guitars) and he doesn't want to learn the songs another time by exemple, but even with that that's cheating :p

That's what I'm thinking, but a keyboardist on youtube says he transposes 1 whole tone down, and added just like Janne. I'll try to find the video.

CoB is tuned to D, nowadays drop C. So Janne would play most his solos in D minor, correct?

Well, it depends of the song. In general they are in D minor. There's no influence if guitarist play it in D or drop C, cause the general tunning of the guits is in D, except for the lowest string. But I don't think they use their drop C tuned guitars to play their D tuned song, so I don't think Janne need to change his playing or to transpose.

And if they do use their drop C for the D song, they wouldn't play them like if they were tuned in D, they (Al, Roope and Henkka) would play it like a drop C.

What I mean is if they are doing a D power chord on the 0/2 fret with a D tuned guitar, they would play it 2/2 on a drop C, and not 0/0, that would mean they are playing a C instead of a D so Janne would need to transpose his things or play it 1 tone lower.

But even if the songs are in D minor or A# in general, I thing there's some in E if I remember right, maybe Janne transpose it, but honestly Janne learnt with a Piano, not a Keyboard, so he most be used to all the diferent scale and to play on the white or black keys wouldn't be a problem for someone with that experience (it may be a problem for someone learning and begining the piano, because the C major, the D minor and the A# major(all the white keys or withe one or two only black notes) are easier to play than the E or the G# for exemple. But for someone who is used to practice them since 10 or 15 years, there's no difference or problem playing with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.