Ask Romeo! *answers coming soon!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Does SX plan on revisiting the classic material such as TEoF, Whispers, anything from the self-titled album, etc... or are you more concerned with fans who have gotten on board only as recently as V and The Odyssey?

2. Many would argue that a large number of metal acts have achieved much more with much less, in regards to touring, record sales, dvds, fanbase, etc. Do you feel SX is where they should be in that perspective, or did you anticipate being at a different stage at this point in your careers?

1. What was the most rewarding literature you ever read?

2. Are you by any chance into poetry or perhaps even philosophy? Im not asking if you read books from Plato or anything but if you think these are intriguing subjects?

1. Are you planning to do some cover songs on tour or would you love to cover any particular song by your favourite band(s)?

2. What would you ask John Williams if you could ask him just one question?

If you were to have a guitar duel with another famous living guitarist, who would it be and how do you see it playing out?

What car do you drive (license plate optional)?

What decison the band had to make created the most conflict among it's members?

I've gotta say this, but you'll notice that everyone's first name in Dream Theater starts with a "J" except Mike Portnoy...would you trade Jason for Mike so Dream Theater has it's full "J" library and your band has four "Mike"s? Would you consider trading him under any other circumstance?

Are there any female guitarists who you find very talented? If so, who are they?

Are any of the band members religious? If so, what religions are present?

1. Do you think learning how to play piano benefited your guitar playing as well as your concept of music in general? If so, would you recommend learning how to play piano?
I don't know about mjr, but myself having piano as my main instrument hasn't really helped much with guitar (besides a good theory backing) BUT strength exercises on the piano count as really good guitar strength exercises too :).

1.Which car do you drive?
2.What is the brand of your cellphone?
3.Will the song "Twilight In Olympus" be released someday like bonus song or something like that?

I think it said on the church of the machine site that they wouldn't be doing anymore. That would be shame if so.:cry:

There'll be a new fan club cd out this year..should've been sooner, but since there'll be material from Paradise Lost on it, we had to wait for the release of the cd. More info on that will be in the CotM update mail going out this afternoon.

The only thing that won't be happening anymore is sales of the extra cds, as the 'please don't sell these on eBay' rule was blatantly ignored. I have no say over what you (you = CotM members) do with the cd that comes with your membership, that's your property..but when I sell you an extra to give to a friend or whatever & ask only that you not sell it on eBay, & you sell it on eBay anyway & even state in the auction that it was one of the extras that were sold, then I'm not selling you extras anymore.

Rob Halford's new material well be mp3 only with no physical medium and alot of artists are making claims that CDs are becoming obsolete. Obviously, popularity of portable media has exploded and the recording industry has been way too slow to catch up.

MR...what do you think about the movement from a physical medium like CDs to the file medium that is taking over the industry? Do you see it as a threat or beneficial?

If you were to have a guitar duel with another famous living guitarist, who would it be and how do you see it playing out?

What car do you drive (license plate optional)?

What decison the band had to make created the most conflict among it's members?

I've gotta say this, but you'll notice that everyone's first name in Dream Theater starts with a "J" except Mike Portnoy...would you trade Jason for Mike so Dream Theater has it's full "J" library and your band has four "Mike"s? Would you consider trading him under any other circumstance?

Are there any female guitarists who you find very talented? If so, who are they?

Are any of the band members religious? If so, what religions are present?

Awesome questions :headbang: I'd definately like to hear the answers to those...

I came up with a few questions now:

Do you have any tips for writing songs and lyrics?

Do you think you still got a lot to give for music? Do you think you're still going to make lots of records with Symphony X after "Paradise Lost"?

Would you like the idea of playing Symphony X songs with real orchestra in the background?

Haha yeah... You may also wanna swap out Russell in favour for any vocalist by the name of Michael/Mike.:lol:

The way I see it, from the beginning "Michael" had a strong presense in Symphony X from the beginning, but at 2 (Romeo, Pinnella) vs. 3 (Jason, Thomas, Rod/Russell), the power of "Michael" was fairly stable. Twilight in Olympus, bringing Tom Walling into the band, equalized the power of "Thomas/Tom" vs. "Michael". The world as at peace.
However, with V, the departure of both of the "Tom's" (how convenient for the power of "Michael" ey, I call conspiracy!), with Jason returning, and Michael Lepond joining, it was 3 "Michael's" vs. 2 (Jason and Russell). "Michael" was now a dominant force. This brought the 'Death of Balance'.:lol:
The power of five!:headbang:

Maybe it is a bit early, but what is your fav song on Paradise Lost?
If you have to use one word to describe the new album, what would it be?

I must ask this: Is there a possibility for a gig in Finland this year? The last visit was a great success.

I just bought John Milton's Paradise Lost. What are you reading now?

I must ask this: Is there a possibility for a gig in Finland this year? The last visit was a great success.

Yeah, they just have to come to Finland during their European tour!! There are actually quite a lot of fans here, even in this little 3000 people town I live in.

I'm 100% sure that atleast me, my brother and two of my friends would go and see them if they came to Finland.

What does russel sing in Looking Glass where the booklet says "with the three, to be crowned queen" because that is most definitely NOT what he sings on the album or live...?

k thnx

btw look forward to the seattle show in july, but really u guys gotta come to vancouver BC so i don't have to drive to the states to see you!

Status
Not open for further replies.