Questions for the band

Constantly bottling it for job interviews n such and cutting it shorter but it's mostly been long since I was 17. Only problem is it seems to grow out as well as downwards so I currently look a bit Lily Savage :lol:

So it does not get lost and forgotten. ;)

I did add something to it, did you not see the emote?

Here's a question for the members with long hair, would you ever consider cutting it off and sporting a short "do" like Alessio did back in the day? :devil:

Never!

Not sure if this has been asked, if so then sorry.

How does the writing process work? do you sit down and concentrate on writing or does it come naturally "once and a while"?

A quick question for Steve - What's with the relative lack of keyboard solos on Blood Alliance? Just curious if this was a conscious decision or whether things just happened to work out that way.

A quick question for Steve - What's with the relative lack of keyboard solos on Blood Alliance? Just curious if this was a conscious decision or whether things just happened to work out that way.

Easy one this......with 2 new fantastic guitar players in the band I took the decision to really show off the talents of these guys, which led to me "backing off" a little bit.

I think overall it's probably a more "guitar-y" album than any previous PQ releases

Not sure if this has been asked, if so then sorry.

How does the writing process work? do you sit down and concentrate on writing or does it come naturally "once and a while"?

For me personally it tends to go in phases......once an idea hits me it tends to open the floodgates, so to speak.

Quite often once I have a potential album title, that also appears to trigger the writing process. Ideas can occur at any time though that's for sure.

I think the worst thing to do is to think "OK, I'm going to write a song today". If you are doing that from a blank canvas it rarely works in my experience.......or it just ends up sounding forced lol!

Question: When will you come to Scandinavia? I'm trying to save up some cash to go to one of your shows Steve, but grabbing cash is kinda hard these days. They don't grow on trees, lol. =D

The Quest Forever!

Question: When will you come to Scandinavia? I'm trying to save up some cash to go to one of your shows Steve, but grabbing cash is kinda hard these days. They don't grow on trees, lol. =D

The Quest Forever!

Yeah, I understand your predicament dude! Hopefully we will make it to Scandinavia some time soon mate......certainly another area that I would love to bring the Quest!

Question for Colin as well: do you play any instruments, besides singing?

Mr. Callanan, please state your opinions re: Jägermeister. Specifically the dropping of which into a pint of Guinness Extra Cold :)

Also, could you say which bands influence you the most and which singers inspire you?

Colin, since you're a hardcore PQ fan, what is your favourite PQ album?

Hardcore fan would be quite accurate! I've been listening to the band since Herman Li told me about them and sent me a link to their mp3.com back in 2001 or so (back when Herman was a Linux computer nerd haha) :)

Wings of Forever has a special place in my heart because I got the album from Steve as winter was coming in (I got a promo which I reviewed for metalireland.com) and I listened to this record all the way through Christmas. So it kind of reminds me of that Christmas, which was a very good time for me and a big turning point in my life also story for another post!).

I think Magic never dies is up there along with WOF as my fave, but I can't decide which is best. If I had to go to a desert island and bring one record, it would be a toss up between these two. MND might win it because of "Children of the dream"!!

Question for Colin as well: do you play any instruments, besides singing?

Yes, I did the guitars, and keys on the Karuna record. We have a keyboard player now but I still like to play the pianos and do some string arrangements.

I play Irish/folk music on acoustic guitar and mandolin a lot also, and it is something you can kinda make a living out of in this country as it's quite popular in the pubs and also on the streets ;)

Mr. Callanan, please state your opinions re: Jägermeister. Specifically the dropping of which into a pint of Guinness Extra Cold :)

Also, could you say which bands influence you the most and which singers inspire you?

I don't drink, but when I did I liked Guinness extra cold and Paddy or Jameson whiskey on the rocks :)

The PQ website now has my profile up, and you can see some more info about me there. But it's safe to say that I'm inspired by all sorts of bands and music, inside and outside of the metal world. I grew up on Iron Maiden, and also Helloween and Hammerfall, so they are big influences. I also really like the singing of Russell Allen. I'm a fan of progressive rock and metal bands as well, everything from SymphonyX and Rush to Yes.