I hate iLok

Hey Lasse! not sure youre talking to me or the OP. In case its me i didnt clarify but im not blaming the ilok im actually suspecting a conflict somewhere but wont get into that cause i hijacked enough.. But to summarize i was just saying that i feel with the OP because i cant tell you how much of a piss of it is when things like that happen in the worse times! i broke a screen in the past because of situations like that its funny it happened in slow motion i threw a punch and while it was going towards the screen it felt slow and i started saying to myself how much of a tard i am and cussing myself out. i was stupid. Im still stupid, but less.

Dude that sucks, I feel ya on stuff that doesn't work. Nothing more irritating than finding out shit doesn't work.

It was flawless for me though.

That said, I would love one of those new iloks because I have held one and they feel a bit sturdier than the old ones (I have 2 old ones, fucking horse shit, haha).

I just got the new one when I bought RC Tube on Slate's recent deal and it came with it. It does seem sturdier, and looks cooler.

I really wish all of my licenses would be Ilok...

All of the different activation/request sites from 1000 different companys sucking so hard.

1 Ilok and 1 file with all installers = a dream

Been spending the past few hours trying to get my god damn iLok to work. Its never really worked, for years if I removed it and plugged it back in, my computer wouldn't recognize it until I reinstalled the drivers, every time.

Now I am trying to install my license for slate digital and the iLok client will not recognize my iLok even though I installed the lastest client and drivers. But sometimes when trying to install the drivers or client the install freezes up. Computer is recognizing my iLok, their stupid fucking software just doesn't know how to act.

Srsly, their software is more glitchy than a Besthesda game.

/rant

Skyrim is great goddammit! :loco:

Anyways, ilok is great in that it attempts to simplify things and if it worked 100% of the time for me, it'd be great. At first it worked with Opera, then it stopped working for no apparent reason. It would let me install licenses with Internet Explorer however. After a while, that stopped working altogether, so then I turned to Firefox/Netscape etc etc, I tried about everything one day :lol:...

Luckily for some strange reason it DID and still does work with Internet Explorer on my girlfriends laptop (fingers crossed), so whenever I need to add something, I'd have to wait until she has it around.

doesn't work with Firefox here either. always have to fire up Safari to access their site.

in fact, their website says they're working to make it compatible with Firefox 4 - Firefox is running at version 8 now, at least on mac, don't know where it's at on windows. don't think they're doing jack shit about it.

doesn't work with Firefox here either. always have to fire up Safari to access their site.

in fact, their website says they're working to make it compatible with Firefox 4 - Firefox is running at version 8 now, at least on mac, don't know where it's at on windows. don't think they're doing jack shit about it.

I'm on firefox8 on a Mac and it works just fine.
Didn't work on 3-5 though

I really wish all of my licenses would be Ilok...

All of the different activation/request sites from 1000 different companys sucking so hard.

1 Ilok and 1 file with all installers = a dream

THIS +100000
it's the reason why I haven't done a clean OS install since about 6 years!
And I went through 5 macs all with the SAME OS (you can import EVERYTHING from one computer to the next and when you turn the new one on it's exactly like the old one, it's called migration assistant, the downside is that it also imports all the ok and broken shit, so it like you don't do a clean install for 6 years....even when you upgrade software and computers....thank fuxk it's a Mac, lol).
I never did a clean/install of a new OS version (not even on a new Mac), cause I know I'd forget to install half the plugins, wouldn't find the auth card for the ones that aren't on the ilok etc....
It would be so awesome if all the licenses were on te ilok and if there were a global installer for all of them.... I'd format and reinstall my system right now....
But I don't..I'll probably not fonna be doing a fresh install of the OS for the next 6 years

iLok's always been awesome for me, Install software and go.
If I had to challenge/Reponse for all my software I'd go Mental. And I've already got enough of that (massey, N.I, Mhcs, etcetc without bringing loads more plugins into the equation.

It pisses me off when I want to just edit on my laptop and I need the damn thing to open pro tools, but in the scheme of things, god it's so much better.

aside from the usual problems (i myself had a total fucking saga over an ilok), its totally absurd how a cancelled ilok is made entirely redundant. those fuckers cost like 50 each; so ridiculous that they can't be reformatted so the hardware can be reused if need be.

having dealt with their customer service, they're nothing short of completely void of basic business ethics/integrity. won't take any responsibility as a company, basically told me to fuck off when my licenses got deleted from my account. there seems to be a massive unnecessary fee for doing anything basic such as transferring licenses, they give off a horrible DGAF vibe generally; i can't believe digi/avid and all the others have allowed themselves to be held hostage by these shitheads.

EDIT: completely forgot about the lack of a telephone helpline and the subsequent shitty semi-automated email system that takes 4 days to reply to anything. wankers.

I nearly shit my pants when I saw there was a $100 fee to sell an ilok. I sold my pro tools and music toolkit for $200, so that would have sucked. Luckily I had just registered my new ilok less than 7 days ago so I was able to remove it from the account and add it to a new one. Sold the account with the ilok instead.

I prefer straight serial # or simple challenge response. Ilok would have a clear advantage IF it also stored the software. I don't get the "it's so portable" argument.

iLoks would be neat if they were always optional. As it stands I use online authentication over it every chance I get, and I'm happy when companies like iZotope and Soundsonline let me do so.

Urgh this again...

I don't understand the problem people have. 1 key with all my auths on it and another USB with all the installers. Can go anywhere and use anything..what's so hard?

To the people having problems...that sucks but you're a very small minority.

I'm on firefox8 on a Mac and it works just fine.
Didn't work on 3-5 though

really?? then color me confused.. i've re-installed the drivers and other shit several times, and i can't remember it ever working on my firefox. different setups yield different results i suppose?? strange...

can i ask which OSX version you're on? i had this problem on leopard and still have it on snow leopard.