I hate mixing my own vocals!!!

Vox and acoustics are very "close" while overdriven guitars and drums seems to be further. I would remix it again.
I think it is a matter of Vol and Comp.

Anyway it is a very good song and singing is great, you've got a great voice (lucky bastard). The song reminds me of Opeth, but don't take it too much into account cause I only listened to one Opeth's album.

@The_Shred! This means a lot to me!! Thank you. Still diggin´ your stuff a fucking lot, man :worship:

I cannot wait to show you the entire, finished version with lead contributions of Metaltastic, Gavin and Keregioz! This will be the first song of 7 songs for a concept album about Stephen King´s "The dark Tower" :)

Yeah man I guess that makes two of us wanting to show the other our finished products!

That acoustic sounds so perfect aswell! Good job! Can't wait to hear the finished album :D :kickass:

Vox and acoustics are very "close" while overdriven guitars and drums seems to be further. I would remix it again.
I think it is a matter of Vol and Comp.

Anyway it is a very good song and singing is great, you've got a great voice (lucky bastard). The song reminds me of Opeth, but don't take it too much into account cause I only listened to one Opeth's album.

Haha Jevil, thanks dude :kickass:

You concerned my fears about the distortion parts. The problem is, this part begins after the part where happens the most dynamically and track wise (3:34) so it sounds a bit weak. Maybe I record and add two JVM tracks (this is only V-amp so far) for the distortion parts.

Opeth is one of my faves, and certainly it plays a role concerning the sound and singing style, but not songwriting wise.

Yeah man I guess that makes two of us wanting to show the other our finished products!

That acoustic sounds so perfect aswell! Good job! Can't wait to hear the finished album :D :kickass:

Yeah :headbang: Is your album/project finished already, James?

Thank you very much!! I used a Tlm103 for the western guitars. Pretty good for acoustics imo :)

Yeah :headbang: Is your album/project finished already, James?

Thank you very much!! I used a Tlm103 for the western guitars. Pretty good for acoustics imo :)

Not yet dude, nearly got all the rhythm guitars down and all the drums though. Going well and sounding good! Can't wait to finally get all my shit on 1 CD!

Awesome man, what brand acoustic you use for this?

I love this project, and I'm so excited about hearing the rest of it :)

When I first heard this track (a few weeks ago) I was worried the singer (who I now learned, is you) wouldn't have a good voice, but this fits perfectly!
First thing I noticed though, is that it sounds to scooped and has some high frequency noise I don't like. Maybe this is just me... But that's my opinion about the mixing.

Also, the snare sounds better from last time I heard this song (or am I just not remembering the last mix to well?)

Good job, and good luck. I'll be following this for sure!

Not yet dude, nearly got all the rhythm guitars down and all the drums though. Going well and sounding good! Can't wait to finally get all my shit on 1 CD!

Awesome man, what brand acoustic you use for this?

Looking forward to it, man :kickass:

For this I used a washburn western guitar (with quite old strings, to let it sound not too polished). I own this guitar since 1996, I´d never give it away.

I love this project, and I'm so excited about hearing the rest of it :)

When I first heard this track (a few weeks ago) I was worried the singer (who I now learned, is you) wouldn't have a good voice, but this fits perfectly!
First thing I noticed though, is that it sounds to scooped and has some high frequency noise I don't like. Maybe this is just me... But that's my opinion about the mixing.

Also, the snare sounds better from last time I heard this song (or am I just not remembering the last mix to well?)

Good job, and good luck. I'll be following this for sure!

Thank you very much, man :headbang: It´s good to hear that!

You are absolutely right, I improved a lot of things in the mix, also the snare I tamed pretty much.

I still don´t have a project/band name for it, but when I found a good name, promo/myspace& stuff will start :Smokin:

ive been trying to record my own vocals just to complete my song. Im not really satisfied. u have done a good job \m/

Yeah, mr. mirrrooar has returned!!! For me the vox even could be a tad more upfront, or acoustics a bit down. But i think it´s because i really dig your voice:headbang: (hope this makes sense:)). Furthermore i think it will be pretty hard to mix this vocals bad... haha

Keep it up!!!

Yeah, mr. mirrrooar has returned!!! For me the vox even could be a tad more upfront, or acoustics a bit down. But i think it´s because i really dig your voice:headbang: (hope this makes sense:)). Furthermore i think it will be pretty hard to mix this vocals bad... haha

Keep it up!!!

Hahahaha Mirroaaaar...I think, I know what you mean :lol: Time of experiments is over. Thanks dude!

any updates on the clip?

@ahjteam yeah, I would like to post the complete song, but I´m still waiting for Metaltastic´s and Gavin´s Solo :rolleyes: Musicians! lol

But I will upload a new version today.