How do rate own vocals? ;)

Thanks Mago and Nuno, yeah...meh I need some distance, I guess. I don´t have pressure of time, so in the end it should be tip top :) Thanks for your opinion.

@Nuno..holy shit, I didn´t send you the "two minutes" waves yet. Did you get the vocal waves from Digitaloutput already?

Thanks Mago and Nuno, yeah...meh I need some distance, I guess. I don´t have pressure of time, so in the end it should be tip top :) Thanks for your opinion.

@Nuno..holy shit, I didn´t send you the "two minutes" waves yet. Did you get the vocal waves from Digitaloutput already?

No prob dude.
Yeah some distance could be fine, maybe you like them more if you havent heared it for some time.
You also dont need to re-record everything, just the parts you dont like.
Most of the time I like my vocals straight after recording, but the more I hear them the more I go "meeehhhhh" :p
would re-record 2/3 of the shit If I had the time...damn perfectionism lol

No prob dude.
Yeah some distance could be fine, maybe you like them more if you havent heared it for some time.
You also dont need to re-record everything, just the parts you dont like.
Most of the time I like my vocals straight after recording, but the more I hear them the more I go "meeehhhhh" :p
would re-record 2/3 of the shit If I had the time...damn perfectionism lol

I hear ya, dude. It´s the same situation you describe. It´s simply.."meeeeehhh"

I recorded it in the morning, I think I can do a lot better in the evening, like I did with the "two minutes" cover, what felt phantastic for me.

lol No problem dude, Digital also doesnt sent me the files yet. When I have his files I will send you a PM but till there you dont need to worry ;)

Mate, what you're doing here is really difficult. Congrats for that.

But, I think there are simply too many notes, in the highs above all.

It would gain on aggressiveness and intonation if not so fast modulation on scales.

keep it up!

Hey Felix, pretty cool stuff dude, and I really dig your vocals - I've often said this, but really the only thing that bugs me is the way you kinda slide up to and down from notes; it works sometimes, but other times I wish you'd lock in to the pitch and hold it a bit more...really cool song, rhythm, and melodies though man! Guitar tone is super fuzzy though, can't say I'm that crazy about it, and while I like the bass, it's a touch boomy. Drums sound great, and overall it has a ton of potential, keep it up! :headbang: Some great riffs in here too, holy shit - this riff/section right before the fade out is fucking awesome :kickass:

Mate, what you're doing here is really difficult. Congrats for that.

But, I think there are simply too many notes, in the highs above all.

It would gain on aggressiveness and intonation if not so fast modulation on scales.

keep it up!

Thank you very much, dude :kickass: To sing this vocal lines above the riffing felt absolutely natural for me. But yeah..it really seems like there are too many notes. Today I´ve worked on the vocals again and I fixed all tuning issues. It´s a lot better now..(I´ll post it tomorrow). To gain more on aggressiveness I´d have to cut the lyrics a bit..hmmm maybe I try this. Thanks mate!

Hey Felix, pretty cool stuff dude, and I really dig your vocals - I've often said this, but really the only thing that bugs me is the way you kinda slide up to and down from notes; it works sometimes, but other times I wish you'd lock in to the pitch and hold it a bit more...really cool song, rhythm, and melodies though man! Guitar tone is super fuzzy though, can't say I'm that crazy about it, and while I like the bass, it's a touch boomy. Drums sound great, and overall it has a ton of potential, keep it up! :headbang: Some great riffs in here too, holy shit - this riff/section right before the fade out is fucking awesome :kickass:

Marcus! Yeah, I already hoped you take a short listen, It´s very good to hear, you think it has some potential. I slowly began to hate one of my songs again. But I still believe in this track and in the end it will be cool :kickass: Haha I know, what you mean with that slides, I will see what I can do about this kind of tic. The guitars will be reamped (the first time for one of my songs). I´m not pretty lucky with the current sound, it could have more power.

Thank you very much for your motivating words. They came exactly at the right moment :)

felix ! very cool . you seem to have a pretty good technique! id try limiting your voice to make it sit better in the mix.
also the overall mix could use some improvement here and there so everything gels a lotmore.

i know mixing your own vox is pretty hard sometimes. i personally tend to mix my own vox way too low.

generally its a good idea to crush the dynamics and ride your vocals. id try that before you start tuning. then go note by note
but never ever use automatic pitch correction. always evaluate if a little flat or sharp isnt adding character.

one side note : tuning your vocals helps you find out your weak spots! its great to hear how your voice could potentially sound,
tweak it, listen back, resing - thats how i improve my technique. basically listening to a "better me" version ;-)

felix ! very cool . you seem to have a pretty good technique! id try limiting your voice to make it sit better in the mix.
also the overall mix could use some improvement here and there so everything gels a lotmore.

i know mixing your own vox is pretty hard sometimes. i personally tend to mix my own vox way too low.

generally its a good idea to crush the dynamics and ride your vocals. id try that before you start tuning. then go note by note
but never ever use automatic pitch correction. always evaluate if a little flat or sharp isnt adding character.

one side note : tuning your vocals helps you find out your weak spots! its great to hear how your voice could potentially sound,
tweak it, listen back, resing - thats how i improve my technique. basically listening to a "better me" version ;-)

Hey Danny, thanks a ton for your good words & tipps :kickass: I´ll take this into account. The vocals just sits good in the mix and I tuned it manually (I realized autotune is bullshit). Vocals will be cool in the end! :) Will post some stuff tonight. Again, thanks a lot bro!

Felix, you've got great vox potential since the first time I heard you singing.
All is said, slight tunning issues (more practice) and a better vox processing will help.

About autotune, I hate it auto mode sucks and manual mode is a fucking hell, not easy to handle... I would try to re-sing it a bit better and I'd try to avoid as much as possible autotune.

About processing, I love Voxengo Voxformer, it is a multifunctional vocal plugin... eq, 2 compressors, desser, gate... all in 1.

I really dig your songs and your singing. It's a pity I have just finished my solo project third album right now, but for the next one I will ask you for some guest vocals.

I really dig your songs and your singing. It's a pity I have just finished my solo project third album right now, but for the next one I will ask you for some guest vocals.

Jevo, my good man! Thank you very much. This is great to hear and I´m absolutely up for some guest vocals, when you start working on your third album :kickass:

Jevo, my good man! Thank you very much. This is great to hear and I´m absolutely up for some guest vocals, when you start working on your third album :kickass:

I've just finished the third, I meant for the fourth. That probably will be... in 1year and a half! Still a bit far in time, but time flies in music terms, anyway sooner than Machines & Madness, haha!