I did some...dunno how to call it, maybe 70´s Rock (real drums, without click)

Felix Neumann

Sep 14, 2008
Germany
www.youtube.com
Hi dudes :)

I recorded some crazy shit, I wouldn´t call it Metal...maybe some kind of 70´s Prog. Influence could be YES or RUSH. There will be vocals at the end, but I wanna show you this early version. I´d like to know, what you think about it yet production & song wise.

Here is it:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2414899/blue_eyes_vorab.mp3

This has nothing to do with Machines & Madness, this is just for fun and could be a 70´s prog side project then. Tell me what you think :)

Fucking great... I love that kind of sound, tell me something please, how do you recorded and mixded the acoustics?? Love the bass and all the leads... very classy for my taste. Hat off dude.
Have you heard this??: obviously far different, but your acoustic sound has remindmed me that song, very good that percussive playing on guitars...

Manuel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude this is great!

I thought it was an unreleased Sieges Even tune or something:headbang:

LOVE the bass tone and the your clean tone is awesome.

Would love to hear more tunes like this from you. Did you play the bass & drums on this one also?

Wow thanks a lot, my friends! :worship: I did not expect such a good feedback! @Kimon, i´m glad you like the solo!

Did you play the bass & drums on this one also?

Yes, of course! Vocals though I´ll work with another guy this time.

tell me something please, how do you recorded and mixded the acoustics??

@mjgg6 I have used a Washburn Western Guitar and recorded it with a Neumann TLM103 mircophone through a Mackie Preamp (Onyx1640). Vst I only used a comp and a little bit EQ.

Really enjoyed that one Felix, thanks :worship:! Great feeling&vibe on the clean solo....
Also thanks for having some reference western tones ;)

feel like a little fanboi commenting everything that you do with "awesome, luv it!!" though haha

feel like a little fanboi commenting everything that you do with "awesome, luv it!!" though haha

+1 Don't be ashamed you are not alone. You dont meet people like this too often in your life. The short leads remind me of Somewhere In Time intros, you captured the epic tone and dynamics of prime Maiden without being cliche, truly inspiring tunes. I cant say enough how good this mofo is at music in general.:worship:

Duuudes!! :kickass: I feel flattered right now. And please let me say, that I am fanboi of your stuff, as well.

The short leads remind me of Somewhere In Time intros, you captured the epic tone and dynamics of prime Maiden without being cliche, truly inspiring tunes

Man, you know how to make compliments that really hit :worship: Thanks! I´m a great fan of Adrian Smith´s playing and I worship SIT & SSOASS.That´s my most important influence generally. Iron Maiden is my favourite band by far and it´s no wonder you see some similarity of the lead sounds :)

Can´t wait to show you the final product, this is a really early version without vocals.

Nice vibe, Felix! The only thing I'd suggest is perhaps a touch less bottom snare mic. It's a bit 'papery.'

But that's a really minor concern.... this is really, really cool. Great work, dude!

Nice vibe, Felix! The only thing I'd suggest is perhaps a touch less bottom snare mic. It's a bit 'papery.'

But that's a really minor concern.... this is really, really cool. Great work, dude!

Ahhh thanks Oz :worship: Totally glad, reading your words. "Papery" is a good word to describe it, I agree. I´m just in the middle of the editing/mixing process, I´ll take it into account.

Maybe this is the beginning of a new Prog project. It´s really motivating to see your reaction and the positive feedback. Thanks a lot guys :headbang:

Funny... I absolutely love the snare. And pretty much everything else.

This is the single strangest tune I've heard in a long while. The equivalent of chugging on an acoustic? Check. Randomness? Check.

Cool shit, dude.