Trapped in the mixing hell! (real drums)

Speaking of which...I gave the "dark tower" books a try and I was really disappointed. The first one was boring most of the time and a chore to finish but I figured I should give it one more chance. Right at the beginning of the second one though as soon as I started reading about giant lobsters I facepalmed and closed the book. Typical Stephen King random crap.

Sorry for the off topic...

Speaking of which...I gave the "dark tower" books a try and I was really disappointed. The first one was boring most of the time and a chore to finish but I figured I should give it one more chance. Right at the beginning of the second one though as soon as I started reading about giant lobsters I facepalmed and closed the book. Typical Stephen King random crap.

Then you have closed the book before the story has begun. When I read the first book, I didn´t understand anything. It raised many questions that were answered in book 2 & 3. After the mentioned "giant lobster" scene, the book started to fascinate me. You can trust me and the lot of Dark Tower fans here :)

Yeah dude you're not giving it enough of a chance, it really does start picking up after all that. Its especially cool how throughout the rest of the books King finds a way to tie in major characters from just about every book he's ever written. Besides the obvious Flagg character he's got everything from vampires from Salem's Lot to the psychic from Hearts in Atlantis to Pennywise the clown.

Only book that is seriously boring and I could have done without is "Song of Susannah" which is like the 6th book in the series. THAT was a chore to read through :p

I think the drums are the strongest part of this recording. I think they would sound a lot different with brighter guitars with less low midrange. I'll give a shot at reamping. PM me if you'd like.

I think the drums are the strongest part of this recording. I think they would sound a lot different with brighter guitars with less low midrange. I'll give a shot at reamping. PM me if you'd like.

Hi dude :kickass:

Let me say thank you for the reamping offer. This is very appreciated! :) Though how you can read in the thread, Mathew Cowen is going to reamp it. But if you (or some other sneapsters) wanna try it, here is the package with the 2 d.i rythm tracks, the drum stereosum and bass tracks. Commitment I have with Mathew.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2414899/Machines_Madness_DItracks.zip

Sounds great dude ! I love the rock riff at the end

@JayB, thanks a lot man! :)

Yeah dude you're not giving it enough of a chance, it really does start picking up after all that. Its especially cool how throughout the rest of the books King finds a way to tie in major characters from just about every book he's ever written. Besides the obvious Flagg character he's got everything from vampires from Salem's Lot to the psychic from Hearts in Atlantis to Pennywise the clown.

Only book that is seriously boring and I could have done without is "Song of Susannah" which is like the 6th book in the series. THAT was a chore to read through

@Carlos, I really had my problems with the "Wizards and Glass" narrative. Too much subplots to pick me up, but I absolutely wanted to know, what the hell happens to Roland and his girl :) And the ending of this book was absolutely phantastic! This novel has some lengths, but that what I find is fascinating is the entire cosmos.

Do a quick reamp today...

So here the tracks

And here a raw bounce.
Only small limiting on gtrs and of course comp/limiting on 2bus:lol:

Man, that sounded good! Cool Death Metal vibes in there! :headbang: What amp did you use?

not much of a metalhead anymore i guess, but i am fucking stoked for this song

Thanks dude! I´m glad you liked it (although you are..what? no Metalhead anymore) FUUUU :zombie: You know, you can always come back. We welcome you with open arms.

This song needs some of your amazing vocals Felix!!, can't wait to hear your project finished... but I think that it will take you long time :lol:

Jevo, my man :kickass: The vocal melodies are already written. Can´t wait to record it and show it to you! This is the third song of the album. The good thing is, I don´t have to look on my watch. I absolutely want an album with no filler in it.

Thanks dude! I´m glad you liked it (although you are..what? no Metalhead anymore) FUUUU :zombie: You know, you can always come back. We welcome you with open arms.

hahaha cheers but, i mean yeah i still love metalz and all but my heart is for like hardcore stuff now :D

hahaha cheers but, i mean yeah i still love metalz and all but my heart is for like hardcore stuff now

:D is all im going to say to that haha.

oh, and the drums are tight man. not like tight as in "lemme be gangster and substitute 'cool' for tight'", but tracked very well. cymbals are kinda egh, dont know the word im looking for, they are bright, but seem a little too bright if that makes sense, but definately looking forward to the final mix man

hahaha cheers but, i mean yeah i still love metalz and all but my heart is for like hardcore stuff now :D

Haha okay, each one has his peronal preferations. Hardcore is related with Metal/Rock anyway, so musically we´ll sit in similar boats. I don´t know a lot about the lifestyle, but I think Hardcore is a bit more "street, roughness" and stuff. It´s a matter of identification, I guess :kickass:

oh, and the drums are tight man. not like tight as in "lemme be gangster and substitute 'cool' for tight'", but tracked very well. cymbals are kinda egh, dont know the word im looking for, they are bright, but seem a little too bright if that makes sense, but definately looking forward to the final mix man

@The ToddGreen, thank you! :) Do you apply to the drums, what was been used in Analgrinder´s version? There is a difference between the file I posted first and the files I uploaded for the guys to reamp. I tryed to improve it furthermore.

The drums sound really good! Tracking details?

About the drums I want to let you guys know details anyway, I´m really working with cheap microphones (samson 7kit and sm 57), but some of em are very good, especially the kick drum mic. This is the last record I use the overheads for, I have some Rode on my list. That´s a must, cause the OH are the reason, the cymbals sounds not really perfect yet, I fear.

I´m also satisfied with the tom mics, but this is an area I see much improvement in the future, as well. The only samson microphone I will keep is the kick drum. I see absolutely no reason to give it away.

I used a Pearl Export with Sabian hi-hats, ride, splash and a Paiste crash. I have wooden roof (obliquely), carpet on the ground and pretty normal cement walls. Sometimes I use a portable diffuse for one side(so that each sides has another material), but actually it is not needed.

I did only 7 tracks, Kick, snare 3toms & overheads. I only used replacing for the snare drum, as usual. I tryed the Drumagog YAMAHA snare this time and I really like it! Some more questions?

@The ToddGreen, thank you! Do you apply to the drums, what was been used in Analgrinder´s version? There is a difference between the file I posted first and the files I uploaded for the guys to reamp. I tryed to improve it furthermore.

No problem man. I've been lurking this place for a very long time now, just joined a few days ago, very glad to be a part of it. Analgrinder, took me a minute to realize you were talking about a user, i was confused getting caught up in it lol, props to Analgrinder haha. \m/(>_<)\m/

Anyways, Well since you mentioned that, i looked through this thread again and still only saw one, besides the zips files you posted, thought those were moreso tracks for us (i use that word vaguely because i wasn't gonna try and mess with it haha) to work on. but here, lemme just quote ya on which one i listened to
Do they work? Is it quality enough to tie on the last two M&M songs?

Here it is: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2414899/Machines3_roughmix.mp3