Trapped in the mixing hell! (real drums)

I'd be willing to give it a go reamping through my Dual Recto if you want... it will give me a chance to record something with it... just put new tubes in it and played on them for a couple hours... still doing prepro for my band :Smug:

Thanks for your offer, Mathew! I appreciate it :) I wanna try to record my JVM/Recti with my new Pick ups first and when this do not lead to satisfactory results, I´d love to try it with reamping. I have a Mackie Onyx1640, so I can prepare for it.

Mathew, I absolutely dig your rythm sound on "The Oceans of Time". Very middy and powerful! I´m very corious about what you´ll take out of the Dual Rectifier :)

Another question about the drums: Don´t you think, the SNARE is a bit too muffled?

Mathew, I absolutely dig your rythm sound on "The Oceans of Time". Very middy and powerful! I´m very corious about what you´ll take out of the Dual Rectifier :)

Thats all amp sim... definitely not something I'm particularly proud of... going to re-record and reamp those songs through the recto... they are just demos right now.

Another question about the drums: Don´t you think, the SNARE is a bit too muffled?

I can see why you would think that... but I think its ok... at least until you get closer to the final mixing stage...

Sounds awesome man. I don't think the snare is muffled, but maybe boost like 1db at 8khz if you think it is.

I still think the cymbals sound really cheap. Dunno if its the cymbals or the mics/EQ. The drums themselves sound good.

Sounds awesome man. I don't think the snare is muffled, but maybe boost like 1db at 8khz if you think it is.

I still think the cymbals sound really cheap. Dunno if its the cymbals or the mics/EQ. The drums themselves sound good.

Thanks Morgan :headbang:

I´m absolutely sure, it´s the overhead mics. It´s simply not good enough anymore. I have some Rode on my shopping list, so the Samson oh will be history soon.

i think you went far too generous with all the hi frequencies on the drums man...(anything above 8k)

and it sounds a bit too squashed to my taste. but they will work. your song rocks man, before i knew it i was headbanging to it while i was writing this

Thanks dudes, yeah I yesterday spent a lot of time to mix the drums and all those issues should be solved now. It´s still a bit clicky, but I also added some meat. In the mix it´ll work.

your song rocks man, before i knew it i was headbanging to it while i was writing this

Headbanging is good..headbanging is very good :headbang: This shows, the song could propably work :) Mathew will re-amp the rythm tracks in the next days. Can´t wait to post the result!

music sounds great Felix, looking forward to hearing it with your final guitars!:headbang:

Thanks bro :kickass:

The final version will be so much better. I think, I´m about to write a really cool song :) You can be corious! Any idea for a good songname? Scenario is still "Roland discovered the door at the beach". I cannot find a good name for it :zombie: I can´t just name it "The door" or the "Passage to blabla" it´s aaargh I even don´t have a working title.

The final version will be so much better. I think, I´m about to write a really cool song :) You can be corious! Any idea for a good songname? Scenario is still "Roland discovered the door at the beach". I cannot find a good name for it :zombie: I can´t just name it "The door" or the "Passage to blabla" it´s aaargh I even don´t have a working title.

If I remember correctly, the beach isn't actually part of any real world ... its just a kind of limbo he emerges into after centuries in the void or something like that. Its more of a middle world where he can access the other realities for the drawing of the 3 ja?

Maybe something that doesn't need to reference the door itself but the place ... "Nexus" maybe? Can work in the context of the other titles since its a concept piece you're writing

EDIT: nevermind ... the Tower itself is the nexus, that would just make it confusing

I'm an ass :D

What about "transition part 1" ? :loco: