Machines & Madness - new song (acoustic ballad with clean vocals)

If you feel that adding space for solos will enhance the overall impact of the song then by all means, do it. Personally, I'd leave it just as it is but I also always have about 3 out of every 10 songs I write that have no leads and don't need them

Sorry guys I can't express this in English ...

Ich liebe dieses lied. Lassen du es allein. Except for the small parts that bother you of course ;)

Ich danke dir, Carlos!! :kickass: I´m fucking glad, you guys like it!

Another 3 songs and I have a full length....(still waiting on the James guest solo for this song here haha). He´s asking me about a deadline and I can not set one for him, cause I freeze in awe..seriously.

Yeah I go for it! I´m very motivated! :)

I'm happy to hear that Felix. I wish I felt the same way, it's been a while now that i find it very hard to feel motivated to do anything.
But anyway, the song's great and the vocal performance is amazing.
I'm looking forward to hear more music from you, and if you even need a guest solo I'm always up for it ;).

I wish I felt the same way, it's been a while now that i find it very hard to feel motivated to do anything.

put the guitar down for a month Kimon ... seriously

or longer if you need it. Sounds like you're burned out. Do something not music related for a while until you start feeling the pull towards your guitar again. You'll pick it up and be completely re-invigorated

But anyway, the song's great and the vocal performance is amazing.

You have no idea how much I enjoy your words, Kimon :kickass: Thanks a lot! You can be 100% sure, I´ll choose the more brootal and epic way for the next MM songs and so the solos will be! I hear ya, man. I realized it´s so important to have something beside making music doing with the same or similar passion, but that´s hard to find. When music leaves you, it always comes back to you..but you don´t know when. 1 year stagnation...in my case. Not good!

put the guitar down for a month Kimon ... seriously

or longer if you need it. Sounds like you're burned out. Do something not music related for a while until you start feeling the pull towards your guitar again. You'll pick it up and be completely re-invigorated

Thanks for the advice man I appreciate it, but unfortunately this lack of motivation is not limited to music/guitar related stuff but to life in general. Hopefully, it's just a phase I'm going through.
But anyway enough about me, let's keep this on topic and continue talking about how awesome Felix's music is ;).

Thanks for the advice man I appreciate it, but unfortunately this lack of motivation is not limited to music/guitar related stuff but to life in general. Hopefully, it's just a phase I'm going through.
But anyway enough about me, let's keep this on topic and continue talking about how awesome Felix's music is ;).

P.m dude!

very very very very professional dude. sounds awesome on my end. listening to it the third time in a row. gute arbeit, mein freund.

You do that kinda stuff well mate. Right through the whole song I was conjuring images of what Alice in chains, or Devin Townsend would do with the tune. Only one listen, yet Im still humming the melody, sweet dreams for me tonight.

Thanks a lot, dude! It´s cool to hear that :kickass: Sometimes it´s very pleasent to leave the path of brootz!

Sounds awesome dude! Love the vocal harmonies.

@Daniel, thanks!! I´m glad you like it :)

If you guys have some critique or advise, let me know. I´ll do another mix for the full length and of course sir James Stephenson will be the mastering engineer then. My Mastering is crap tbh...heared some clipping actually d´oh! :D

Hey Felix, sorry it took me awhile to listen to this, and it's gonna be a stream-of-consciousness post, so here we go :D The acoustics sound seriously (SERIOUSLY) good, excellently done - great vocal layering and harmonies, though I feel like they all kinda feel bunched-up in the middle, and could use some panning; also, there's a frequency I can't quite pinpoint (I wanna ballpark 3k, but don't quote me on that) that's a bit hard on the ears, especially when the other, layered vocals come in (again, probably would be helped by the panning). Love the piano, and great playing in this little bridge section, with those little guitar strumming accents, really beautiful stuff :kickass: Man, this all rules - I do feel it sounds like you're perhaps at the limits of your vocal range (sounds a bit strained), but overall really solid :headbang:

Hey Felix, sorry it took me awhile to listen to this, and it's gonna be a stream-of-consciousness post, so here we go :D The acoustics sound seriously (SERIOUSLY) good, excellently done - great vocal layering and harmonies, though I feel like they all kinda feel bunched-up in the middle, and could use some panning; also, there's a frequency I can't quite pinpoint (I wanna ballpark 3k, but don't quote me on that) that's a bit hard on the ears, especially when the other, layered vocals come in (again, probably would be helped by the panning). Love the piano, and great playing in this little bridge section, with those little guitar strumming accents, really beautiful stuff :kickass: Man, this all rules - I do feel it sounds like you're perhaps at the limits of your vocal range (sounds a bit strained), but overall really solid :headbang:

Cheers Marcus! :kickass: And thank you for the kind words and the detailed feedback :) I welcome that a lot and you are damn right!! I discoverd more and more small issues that drives me crazy haha. Another mix is decided and so necessary for the full length. I agree in nearly all terms with you!

I do feel it sounds like you're perhaps at the limits of your vocal range (sounds a bit strained)

Do you mean the parts in the higher range? This was pure fun and pleasure to perform but also exhausting, cause it is exhausting. Though the normal range tracks was not really a pleasure for me to sing. I´m a Dragon Slayer vocalist :devil: I wanna sing in high range haha.

Thanks a lot, my man!