FUCKING POWERMETAL!! (first time reamping & new vocals)

Felix Neumann

Sep 14, 2008
Germany
www.youtube.com
UPDATE: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2414899/M%26M_roughmix_3_updated.mp3

- drums lower
- vocals lower
- intro guitar on the left better imbedded
- background vocals more even

Tell me what you think, mates :)

Dudes...:Smokin:

After weeks of hard work on this goddamn track, I finally have a good feeling about it again. Most sweat caused the rythm sound and the vocals.
Fortunately Analgrinder333 and Mathew Cohen helped me out with the reamping. THANKS A LOT, MATES! It´s the first time I use a reamped signal for one of my songs and holy shit, it sounds really good IMO.

Now tell me what you think, fellas. Here it is...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2414899/M%26M_roughmix_3.mp3

For this roughmix I used Analgrinder´s rythm tracks (Dual Rectifier)

The solo section beginning 2:28 will be filled with guestsolos (played by Lasse Lammert, Wolfgang Zenk, Keregioz and another mysterious person, I cannot confirm yet). Fuck yeah!

Though for all the happiness, i´m totally open for improvement. So let me know your opinion please.

:kickass:

yeah, moaaaaar :D

that kicks so much ass felix, seriously!
Especially the choirs!
Vocals are perfect now imo
great job dude!

2:17 = groovy as hell

Thank you, Mago! :) I´m glad, at least the vocals are good now!

Please ignore the intro guitar coming out of the left speaker, it´s much too loud,( i´ve realized after listening on different speakers).

Some opinions about the rythm guitars?

Normally the rhythm sounds isnt my cup of tea, but I think they fit quite good
but my ears are so fucked today...gotta listen them tomorrow

This sounds really good man. Rhythm guitars are nice and creamy but still really well defined.

Personally, I would favour pushing the guitars up just ever so slightly. Perhaps just half a dB. I feel like the drums are sitting on top of them a little bit. Otherwise it's great- I like power metal a lot.

This sounds really good man. Rhythm guitars are nice and creamy but still really well defined.

Personally, I would favour pushing the guitars up just ever so slightly. Perhaps just half a dB. I feel like the drums are sitting on top of them a little bit. Otherwise it's great- I like power metal a lot.

Thanks dude :kickass: I´m glad, you liked it!

Haha yeah I have 2 mixing tics: Drums always on top in my first mixing attempts and guitars too much 2 khz, but for the final product, this should be solved.

Sounds good Felix! The guitar is definitely improved. I thought the kick was a little to "clicky" or too loud, it really stands out on the double bass parts in a bad way.
Vocals also sound pretty good. Good job.

I'll have the solo ready for you in the next few days hopefully, I was taking a break because my fingertips were sore from all the bending and vibrato I did while recording it.

Sounds good Felix! The guitar is definitely improved. I thought the kick was a little to "clicky" or too loud, it really stands out on the double bass parts in a bad way.
Vocals also sound pretty good. Good job.

I'll have the solo ready for you in the next few days hopefully, I was taking a break because my fingertips were sore from all the bending and vibrato I did while recording it.

Kimon, thanks a lot man. I know how much it´s worth, when you say "it´s good" ;) You´re damn right about the drums, I´ll put em in the back more for the final mix.

About the solo. I appreciate your effort A LOT :kickass: The last 2 solos from you were more than top notch, I cannot expect from you to top this. Even when it´s half as good as the last, I´d take it gladly. There is no pressure of time. The other guys who´ll contribute didn´t show me something yet.

That's better I believe.

Btw, do I remember correctly that in an earlier version of this song the guitar riff right before the solo part were the guitar plays by itself was one octave higher?? I thought it sounded really cool that way when it started like this and the dropped a octave when the whole band kicks in.

That's better I believe.

Btw, do I remember correctly that in an earlier version of this song the guitar riff right before the solo part were the guitar plays by itself was one octave higher?? I thought it sounded really cool that way when it started like this and the dropped a octave when the whole band kicks in.

Haha okay, dude :)

Yeah there was a version where I played with a E tuned 6 string. The idea is still current, maybe I use/record it for the final version..(with my brand new ESP-ltd fx360) :D

Well done Felix, vocals now are fucking great.
The part with the choirs remind me of Symphony X, that parts vocals is epic!
I notices those choirs are a bit panned. I would center them.
Guitars are better in the last update, a bit dark and lack of gain/drive IMO but still very good.

The song writting is amazing, and the style is my favorite, I love classic and powerish bands.

You should think about turning it into a band, not just a project!

Felix you are really developing into a fantastic singer ... I seriously can't believe the improvement in your vocals over the last year. Its actually quite incredible, great work my friend

Musically, I love it. The arrangement is practically flawless and I LOVED the quiet break at the 4:00 mark. Very tasteful. I don't have much to say about the guitar tone, its sounds really really good. I feel it works just right for the atmosphere of the tune. My only complaint, and this could just be because of my monitors and my room, but as Kimon said it just seems the kick drums are a little too strong in some parts, mainly the double bass section but I think that could be fixed easily with some fader automation in that part. Maybe just drop them like 2dbs or something but again it could just be how it sounds on my monitors

Well done Felix, vocals now are fucking great.
The part with the choirs remind me of Symphony X, that parts vocals is epic!
I notices those choirs are a bit panned. I would center them.
Guitars are better in the last update, a bit dark and lack of gain/drive IMO but still very good.

The song writting is amazing, and the style is my favorite, I love classic and powerish bands.

You should think about turning it into a band, not just a project!

Thank you Jevil :kickass: It means a lot.

Oh yeah, I panned the choir a bit right, because on the left is the chrunchy guitar, to make it more even in the pan picture. Maybe I try throwing both elements in the center. Symphony X is one of my faves and influences generally, especially harmonical wise :)

This "Machines & Madness" idea is definitively more than just a project. It´ll follow my life, i´m quite sure. When the album is finished, I wanna try to spread it as good as possible. The consequence is at hand...playing live!
I would be a fool, I wouldn´t think about this possibility. When the time has come, I have to persuade Keregioz & the other Gunslingers to move to good old Germany :lol:

Felix you are really developing into a fantastic singer ... I seriously can't believe the improvement in your vocals over the last year. Its actually quite incredible, great work my friend

Musically, I love it. The arrangement is practically flawless and I LOVED the quiet break at the 4:00 mark. Very tasteful. I don't have much to say about the guitar tone, its sounds really really good. I feel it works just right for the atmosphere of the tune. My only complaint, and this could just be because of my monitors and my room, but as Kimon said it just seems the kick drums are a little too strong in some parts, mainly the double bass section but I think that could be fixed easily with some fader automation in that part. Maybe just drop them like 2dbs or something but again it could just be how it sounds on my monitors

Carlos, my friend :kickass: THANK YOU!

I´m really gettin a better feeling about this song. For fuck´s sake, AGAIN I began thinking doubtful about a song of mine..(like the last song, I rejected). This is a problem, cause I´m very fast by dooming my work of month. It´s so good to hear your opinion about my vocals.

mainly the double bass section but I think that could be fixed easily with some fader automation in that part.

Please do me a favor, come and hit me in the face. It´s first time this happened to me: I accidentally overwrote my save, after I rendered the drums to one stereosum :heh: Okay, It could be possible searching the thousand files and puzzle it together again, but FFFUUUU....:puke:

I will try what I can do about this problem and I´ve already an Idea...re-recording :D

I think everything sounds fine, I'd just put some epic reverb on the vocals, and maybe pan the choir on bouth sides?
or make the 2nd one on the left side, instead of bouth on the right one...something like this
and I dont think that the doublebass passages are too loud, but
*AUFS MAUL HAU* gern geschehn ;)