Seriously..in the trash or continue?

Ok, I'm pretty sure I know which note you're talking about, and yeah, lengthening that (tee hee :D) is no problem!

EDIT: Alright, the above link has been updated with the new mp3 (with the slightly extended note Felix asked for), and Felix, I'll PM you a link to the new wav in just a sec!

Oh wait, do you mean that little slide thing I do? (right before the end of the second phrase) Cuz I'm sorry, but I freakin' love that, it's staying :D I figured you meant the held note at the end of the phrase, which is what I had extended slightly in the update

Oh wait, do you mean that little slide thing I do? (right before the end of the second phrase) Cuz I'm sorry, but I freakin' love that, it's staying :D I figured you meant the held note at the end of the phrase, which is what I had extended slightly in the update

Haha no, no this little slight you did, is perfect. I meant exactly what you have described, but you extended it just a small millisecond? I nearly don´t hear a difference. The tone still could sound a bit loooonger :)

Haha, nah, don't sweat it dude - after all, we were talking about the same note, I just didn't realize how much you wanted it stretched! :) Original mp3 link (on the previous page of this thread) updated, and I also updated the (final) wav link in the second PM I sent you Felix, so re-download that one and it should be good!

Try it again now, I changed it one last time :D And same with the (final) wav link in the PM I sent you (I'll send it again)

Okay, it seems like we´re coming to an happy end finally :D I can live with this version pretty well, Marcus. Thank you! Tomorrow I will begin to mix yours and Oliver´s solo. I´ll keep you updated. Again dude, very, very tasteful solo. I can go to bed now. Good night!! :)

To be completely honest I wasn't a big fan of the original melody you based your solo Marcus (and if I'm not mistaken it was supposed to be a vocal melody). The second half of the solo is much much better and right when it starts to get really good it stops :(.

To be completely honest I wasn't a big fan of the original melody

Heeeeeeeeeey :lol:

You´re right, it was supposed to be the vocal melody. I asked Marcus to apply this melody in his solo, because this instrumental is a prelude for the song, I want to addressing this melody for (vocal wise)..spinning the red thread.

All done! Hope ya dig it, and thanks for letting me contribute! :kickass:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/332050/Metaltastic Guest Solo for Felix.mp3

And yeah, people who bash this forum are whiny vagina faces :D

My MAN!!!
denzel_intro.jpg

VERY nicely done Marcus!

Thanks a lot guys! Felix, as I recall it was my idea to keep your original melody :D But I'm happy I did, and I tried to embellish it with the slides/pinch harmonics to make it a bit more interesting, hopefully people will dig it more when it's mixed a bit more reasonably (see excuses for excessive volume on previous page :D) And Ola, I love yours dude, fantastically played, and I get heavy Daniel Gildenlow vibes from it, which is awesome to hear, he's always been a very underrated guitarist IMO!

Felix, as I recall it was my idea to keep your original melody :D

"Marcus, YOU could apply this melody and enrich it with your phrasing"

That´s what I wrote. I think, we both played with the same idea :loco:

"Actually, I have to be completely honest Felix - I really really like the melody you have hear up until 1:24, and I would be willing to opt out to let you keep it in"

Okay I just found this :D Anyway, you did it and we both dig it!

there is so much love in this thread :D

That is not bad at all. Nice contrast to those ridiculous bashing threads that I saw in the last weeks. Ah yeah..and I love you all. No ego shit, professional behavior and mutual respect! So we did it. You guys are cool!

Question...Is someone (with serious mastering skills) willing to master the song?