Seriously..in the trash or continue?

I by no means would say I have "serious" skills, but I feel confident I can make it loud with a minimum of annoying pumping/clipping/etc. - I'll do it for free of course, if you wanna PM me a stereo .wav I'll see what I can do?

Hey this sounds good, Marcus. I trust your ears, so we can try it. I also played with the thought, asking Lasse Lammert. This collaboration is worth to pay for a professional mastering imo. But I have absolutely no idea, how good your skills are, dude. So I think..let´s find out :)

Thanks dude, and yeah, I can definitely hear that, I'm a big fan of his! Can't wait to hear how much your solo immediately after upstages mine :lol::headbang:

:)

Oliver and Marcus your solos fit together well. I will post my mixing result tomorrow evening/night. We have nearly all parts to accomplish the puzzle. Carlos will try a distorted solo yet. Ola had a very good idea for a video, but about that we can talk in the new thread we´ll open for the finished song. I´m sick of reading this unworthy thread title, for god´s sake!!

I don't like my sound (now that I had a direct comparison to Marcus's one. It's too bright or I don't know. That is not your fault though Felix. probably I fucked up my amp settings when I recorded this.

Are you serious?!! :zombie: Your sound is perfect IMO! I sent you an email, dude. Really corious about what the others have to say about your sound. I fucking dig it!

Yeah dude, sounds good, but I do feel it's a bit low, and the addition of that strummed acoustic obscures it even more I'm afraid :( Oliver's solo could come up a bit too IMO, though not as much as mine needs to, and also, I feel perhaps that the drums are a bit too low (or the rhythm guitars are too loud, whichever is easier to change without screwing up the mix :D)

And Oliver, I do agree your sound is a bit thinner than mine, which is of course especially noticeable when they're juxtaposed, but I think it has a cool edge to it that I get used to and appreciate in no time! That said, I wouldn't mind a touch more mids to it, but overall I really dig it! And top-notch playing as well, of course :headbang:

Well..this is my first attempt mixing Metaltastic´s and Oliver´s lead solos. What do you think about it yet? I don´t have the needed distance, but I think Marcus´s Solo could be a bit louder.

Marcus vs. Oliver

Cheeers,

Felix

I like the last note repeat at the end of Oliver's solo but it still seems like the ending is abrupt. I would suggest to add more repetitions of that final note and do a fade out. And I'd still add a little more reverb/delay on his solo in general. And, yes, Marcus's solo could be just a touch louder.

Yeah dude, sounds good, but I do feel it's a bit low, and the addition of that strummed acoustic obscures it even more I'm afraid :( Oliver's solo could come up a bit too IMO, though not as much as mine needs to, and also, I feel perhaps that the drums are a bit too low (or the rhythm guitars are too loud, whichever is easier to change without screwing up the mix :D)

And Oliver, I do agree your sound is a bit thinner than mine, which is of course especially noticeable when they're juxtaposed, but I think it has a cool edge to it that I get used to and appreciate in no time! That said, I wouldn't mind a touch more mids to it, but overall I really dig it! And top-notch playing as well, of course :headbang:

Yeah I can say, I agree. It confirms, what I guessed (worked too long on that yesterday). But this is no drama. I experimented and tryed a lot of different things. The acoustic guitar is too brilliant, so the drums seems to sound low.

Don´t wanna overproduce this shit :lol:

I like the last note repeat at the end of Oliver's solo but it still seems like the ending is abrupt. I would suggest to add more repetitions of that final note and do a fade out. And I'd still add a little more reverb/delay on his solo in general. And, yes, Marcus's solo could be just a touch louder.

Alright Kimon, I hear ya. I will go on working on the mix today. About Marcus´s solo..to admit, it needed a bit time for me to get used to the early breaks he did with some tones. It´s up to him, to hear/react about your constructive critics. I for my part can live with his solo very well.

Well...we only need Carlos´s distorted solo and I´m prepared for the FINAL MIX! :kickass: You guys can believe me..your fucking lead solos follows me in my dreams :loco:

. About Marcus´s solo..to admit, it needed a bit time for me to get used to the early breaks he did with some tones. It´s up to him, to hear/react about your constructive critics. I for my part can live with his solo very well.

Hey, if you and Marcus are satisfied with the solo don't change a thing! It's just a matter of taste, I was just stating my opinion. The solo is by no means bad and Marcus's playing is great as always.

Alright Kimon, I hear ya. I will go on working on the mix today. About Marcus´s solo..to admit, it needed a bit time for me to get used to the early breaks he did with some tones. It´s up to him, to hear/react about your constructive critics. I for my part can live with his solo very well.

Well...we only need Carlos´s distorted solo and I´m prepared for the FINAL MIX! :kickass: You guys can believe me..your fucking lead solos follows me in my dreams :loco:

Sorry guys, been SUPER busy (getting ready to move in a couple weeks) ... I need to get some new strings cause I got a little sloppy with doing shots onstage last saturday :p

I should have my final versions ready to go by this weekend

Hey, if you and Marcus are satisfied with the solo don't change a thing! It's just a matter of taste, I was just stating my opinion. The solo is by no means bad and Marcus's playing is great as always.

Your opinion is gladly heared, Kimon! It´s good, we are quite honest to each other. Under the line it´s a matter of taste, I absolutely agree.

Sorry guys, been SUPER busy (getting ready to move in a couple weeks) ... I need to get some new strings cause I got a little sloppy with doing shots onstage last saturday

I should have my final versions ready to go by this weekend

No sweat, Carlos :kickass: There is no pressure at all. I´m corious about your distorted attempt. You are the last Puzzle part, enjoy it :)

Felix my man, I was listening today, and you're totally right about the note lengths in the original melody part of my solo, so I punched in some longer notes that sound IMO much more tasteful, I think you'll dig 'em! :cool: I PM'ed you the .wav file, and once again updated the original link I posted - I'll quote it again here:

Hell yeah, that sounds gooood :kickass: I got used to it though, but I certainly prefer your updated version! :)

Sounds great Marcus, there's this nice character of sensitivity in your solo.
Is everything ok at home, feeling sentimental for a particular reason? :D

Nah, I think you're a great musician and you just know what kind of solo is needed to make a song breathe.

Only downside is it's just too short, but sometimes less is for the better.

I like this song without vox already, can't wait to hear the finished piece of art, great job Felix!

Haha, thanks a ton man, and nah, life overall is pretty good, I just really love playing expressively (and as I mentioned earlier, I happened to be pretty high during most of the writing/recording of this particular one, so that increased the "getting into it" factor as well :D) And yeah, I would have loved to have been able to continue, but of course Oliver deserves a spot for his awesome playing as well, and it sounds fantastic for it :headbang: And btw, this is the final version dude, there aren't gonna be vocals, just a ton of solos :lol: (which is why I felt it important to keep Felix' original melody intact in the first half of my part, so there was at least some thematic element rather than ONLY solos, and then did a variation on the theme in the second half)

That's great! Haven't been following this thread, just listened to the samples from the first and the last page so far.

I was also thinking that this song wouldn't necessarily be needing any vox unless
they were absolutely stunning and bringing the song yet to another new level.

I love especially the riff that starts at 1:22, very Carcass-esque! Looking for the final mix :headbang: