Seriously..in the trash or continue?

I'm still gonna get you like 2 new versions with distorted guitar ... just bear with me cause I've been putting all my guitar playing time (what there is of it) into preparing for my gig tomorrow :headbang:

No problem, Carlos. And good luck for the gig tomorrow :)

Loving all of them! Congrats to everybody!

@James! Thank you and congrats back :kickass: I love all of them, too.

og´h forgot to say, everybody in there has done a fantastic job! Skinny your clean solo is great, maybe add some compressor to even out some of the volume differences!

Thanks also to you, Ola! Big dito :) About Skinny Viking´s solo..I asked him, if he may try a solo with more distortion for this space (contrary to my first proposal to try it clean..sorry again for my indecisiveness in this case, dudes), because I think, it´d be better this way.

og´h forgot to say, everybody in there has done a fantastic job! Skinny your clean solo is great, maybe add some compressor to even out some of the volume differences!

Thanks mate! I appreciate the kind words

As for a compressor ... Felix wanted the unprocessed tracks. I still ran it through a compressor but only to get a max of like 2db gain reduction, just to smooth out the really crazy transients. I figured I would just leave the rest to him since he may have his own plugs he prefers to work with for specific sounds and all. Doesn't matter much now anyway, seems I get the join the ranks of full gain solos :loco:

It's starting to sound really good Felix. Everyone's done a great job on the solos and I'm pretty sure with Marcus's and Oliver's solos it will sound even better.

Oh ja, indeed :kickass: Let me know, if you are satisfied with your solo´s volume ratio in the mix, Kimon. I even think, I could make it a little bit louder for the final mix.

Hey Felix, just wanted to let you know my solo is written, and I just have to record a final take of it, so I'll have it for ya tonight! :headbang:

Hey Felix, just wanted to let you know my solo is written, and I just have to record a final take of it, so I'll have it for ya tonight! :headbang:

AWESOME!! :) This is great news, Marcus! Looking forward to do the final mix. I still can´t believe it.. one song with 7 different lead solo players :lol:

I can´t understand, why some people bashing or whine about this forum so much. It depends on HOW to use the opportunities here, for god´s sake!! I love and appreciate this forum and the people with whom I can cooperate on such a wonderful way.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it! And the thing with the volume results from the fact that I intentionally mix the solo quite loud while I'm tracking to make sure I can hear any little errors/noises that might occur, and I get so used to it at that volume that even when I consciously try to lower it into the mix (before bouncing it), I still always end up making it too loud (but at least it highlights what I certainly want highlighted, a nice silver lining :D)

Yeah, I guessed that. This is the first solo I've heard from you of this style, it's very eerie and dark sounding (playing wise!), not something I'm used to from you.

Thanks again dude, much appreciated :kickass: And yeah, the basic theme is actually based on the original that Felix had in mind for the song (before he scrapped it and opened the floodgates to guest solos :lol::headbang: ), and then of course with embellishments/variations thrown in (I love how Petrucci used to do that, epic theme and variation :headbang: ) Glad ya dig it!