Seriously..in the trash or continue?

I think you could try the exact same solo you did, with distortion and the neck pickup. I believe it would sound pretty good, if not better.

I thought exactly the same, dude :kickass:

Hmmmmmm....

I have a couple ideas to try then it seems ... will be a few days at least but I have something kicking around my head.

But seriously guys, thank you for the kind words about the solo ... I'm happy to have given both of you ear worms

Very welcome, my friend. Marcus and Oliver (Azistenostora) are still working on their solos yet, so no pressure of time at all. I could imagine, you´d play a similar solo to the clean, or you try something complete different. This space is perfect for playing leads. No need to shred like Yngwie. Unleash your creativity and put all emotions in tones. This will be killer :headbang: I also could imagine a kind of Adrian Smith Somewhere in time sound with some light chorus.

I think you could try the exact same solo you did, with distortion and the neck pickup. I believe it would sound pretty good, if not better.

Yeah that was actually one of the ideas I was toying with ... maybe just add a slight bit of embellishment here and there but for the most part, just try it distorted :headbang:

@Felix ... Smith was always my favorite of the two (I say two on purpose ... I don't know what that 3rd guy is doing in there now) so ja, I can try something with that type of sound, add some chorus and all ;) Besides .. I'm not really a shredder anyway even though I can play pretty friggin fast if I need to but only if that part actually calls for it. I always try to write out my parts to compliment the music itself but thats just my "style" if you can even call it that :p

[quote@Felix ... Smith was always my favorite of the two (I say two on purpose ... I don't know what that 3rd guy is doing in there now)][/quote]

@Carlos, I saw Janick Gers fall from stage, Metal 2000 in Mannheim. He made his redicilous stage acting and *plop* he lay in the press ditch. After that happened, Iron maiden played 20 minutes in their CLASSICAL 80´s formation :D I will never forget! I´m not the greatest Janick Gers fan, but he wrote one of my faves. "Ghost of the navigator". Playing wise my absolute fave is Adrian Smith though!

Yeah that was actually one of the ideas I was toying with ... maybe just add a slight bit of embellishment here and there but for the most part, just try it distorted :headbang:

@Felix ... Smith was always my favorite of the two (I say two on purpose ... I don't know what that 3rd guy is doing in there now) so ja, I can try something with that type of sound, add some chorus and all ;) Besides .. I'm not really a shredder anyway even though I can play pretty friggin fast if I need to but only if that part actually calls for it. I always try to write out my parts to compliment the music itself but thats just my "style" if you can even call it that :p

That´s good, brother! We don´t need permanent shredding. And you showed, you have an awesome sense of creating dreamy and catchy melodys.

Btw I started mixing the last solos. @James, your diminished lick is the most crazy and flamboyant lick I ever heared in my entire life! I had to fight you in a small lead battle. England vs. Germany :lol: You won! (because there wasn´t any penalty kicks) May you forgive me this allusion to football. I hope you can live with it, that I sacrificed a very small number of whammy bar screams.

Fuck yeah! And @Keregioz, you know, that we all worship you :worship: What a hell of an ending solo!

@Azistenozora feel free to send me your wave file from your first attempt. You played some spectacular killer licks (along the forbidden zone haha), I would ABSOLUTELY regret to see it disappear in nothingness.

I'm not really a shredder anyway even though I can play pretty friggin fast if I need to but only if that part actually calls for it. I always try to write out my parts to compliment the music itself but thats just my "style" if you can even call it that :p

No worries mate, I cut the last shred in my solo so mine is just basically pure love and no sex...

Can't wait to hear the finished song!

Well I began to work on the mix and tryed to embed your solos. So far there are the solos of Goddamn guitar, The Shred, Keregioz, Skinny Viking and my droning. Tell me what you think about it yet. Help me to get the best possible mixing result. I still have the opinion, Carlos´s Solos would be better, if it´d be more distorted, but I felt free to work with it.

Here we go:

Goddamn guitar, The Shred, Keregioz, Skinny Viking and Felix

Metaltastic´s and Azistenostora´s Solo are yet to come. I´m looking forward to it :)

Yeah! Who the hell was the guy with the Jeff Loomis style playing?! Awesome!

As of now my solo is kinda lonely in the beginning. :D

Haha that was James The_shred :worship: I answered him at 2:47..he devil - and I´m the angel :lol: Yeah that´s true, you´re still pretty alone there, but i´m sure, Marcus and Oliver (Azistenostora) will post their leads within the next..months :D I love you guys.

Well I began to work on the mix and tryed to embed your solos. So far there are the solos of Goddamn guitar, The Shred, Keregioz, Skinny Viking and my droning. Tell me what you think about it yet. Help me to get the best possible mixing result. I still have the opinion, Carlos´s Solos would be better, if it´d be more distorted, but I felt free to work with it.

Here we go:

Goddamn guitar, The Shred, Keregioz, Skinny Viking and Felix

Metaltastic´s and Azistenostora´s Solo are yet to come. I´m looking forward to it :)

I'm still gonna get you like 2 new versions with distorted guitar ... just bear with me cause I've been putting all my guitar playing time (what there is of it) into preparing for my gig tomorrow :headbang: