I have cubase 4 and...

gabriel g.

Sep 7, 2006
Hamburg
www.myspace.com
It´s the best sequenzer I have worked with.

The plugins are amazing!!!

It´s so easy to use

and it sounds unbelieveable!!!

I load a song in it, I recorded at my studio with sx 3 and it´s sounds better in cu.4

The studio eq is the best eq I´ve used with the cambridge.

The multiband is f***great...

what is your experience with it

Installed it yesterday, but got the Studio version cause I didn't feel the need to pay much more for not so much things (or things I'm not interested into)... so I can't comment on the Studio EQ since I don't have it :) Heard about VST3 plugins being able to side-chain (I need it for the gate), didn't find anything though, must have been untrue...

The VST3 spec has been coded to allow sidechaining but the routing setup of the initial release of Cubase 4 is not able to use it yet.

Real sidechaining in Cubase 4 is going to be made possible in a future update.

the studio eq is the in also the channel eq.
Isn´t it in the studio 4???
Is it really the same ?

The VST3 spec has been coded to allow sidechaining but the routing setup of the initial release of Cubase 4 is not able to use it yet.
Real sidechaining in Cubase 4 is going to be made possible in a future update.
Ha, cool, can't wait for the update, and my other main concern with Cubase: Routing groups in any order...

It´s the best sequenzer I have worked with.

The plugins are amazing!!!

It´s so easy to use

and it sounds unbelieveable!!!

I load a song in it, I recorded at my studio with sx 3 and it´s sounds better in cu.4

The studio eq is the best eq I´ve used with the cambridge.

The multiband is f***great...

what is your experience with it

How can a program sound good? That's like saying a frying pan tastes good.:err:

How can a program sound good? That's like saying a frying pan tastes good.:err:

Summing algorithms.

Brett - it doesn't look like the difference is really that big between Studio and normal - I assume Studio would handle everything like standard recording/mixing, as well as reamping, keyboard midi control, etc?

If so, I'm definitely going to have to snag a copy. Only 200 with student/crossgrade pricing.

Brett - it doesn't look like the difference is really that big between Studio and normal - I assume Studio would handle everything like standard recording/mixing, as well as reamping, keyboard midi control, etc?
If so, I'm definitely going to have to snag a copy. Only 200 with student/crossgrade pricing.

Yeah, the only things I'm missing so far are multichannel and the ability to have different panning possibilities in Studio (didn't know about that one, oh well, I'll just need to use a plugin for that - controlling the volume and panning of each side of a stereo recording). I paid it 229€ with the competitive upgrade coming from Logic. By the way people I'm selling my Logic Pro 7.2 but it's a french version (the manual is at least) so I guess not many people will be interested here.

load up the same stems in sx and protools ... instantly sounds different

also i do have a frying pan that tastes good... honestly .... i can cook a better steak in it that our other one...it has "flavour ridges" lol :kickass:

C

Lol! I was just going to point that out. Many cooks/chefs won't even wash certain pans/pots/woks because they are "seasoned."

But, uh, yeah...I'll shut up now.

Yeah, the only things I'm missing so far are multichannel and the ability to have different panning possibilities in Studio (didn't know about that one, oh well, I'll just need to use a plugin for that - controlling the volume and panning of each side of a stereo recording). I paid it 229€ with the competitive upgrade coming from Logic. By the way people I'm selling my Logic Pro 7.2 but it's a french version (the manual is at least) so I guess not many people will be interested here.

So in other words, it's completely badass? :headbang:

it´s sounds better because of the algorithm and the new eq.

And the studio eq is also the channel eq. And this is one of the best I have used.

best regrads

The eq should be factor out of the argument of a host sounding better then another host.