I have finally joined the club.....

I am now the proud owner of a brand new 8-core 2.8ghz Mac Pro :kickass::kickass::kickass: Also bought a 22" Samsung screen and Logic Pro 8 (thanks student discount :)). No more Windows in my studio :saint: haha

I have had it a couple of weeks actually but only used it once as its in the studio (and I'm away at university). My main studio desk is with my at university so its currently residing on that monstrosity of a table. I break for Easter on Friday can't wait to use this beast again.

I couldn't take the smile off my face after the first couple of hours of using this - love it.

Here's a quick crappy photo (as proof :):

29022008184.jpg

Ooh, nice Onyx - is that a MOTU 896HD beneath it? Are you running the two in tandem, and if so, how?

Oh yeah, and nice Mac :bah:

I also just joined the club.

MacBook-Duet.png

MacBook Pro, Apogee Duet, Logic Studio.

I'm still not completely done with Pc's though. Finishing a project on Sonar right now and I just ordered a new Dell since my old P4 wasn't cutting it anymore. But the fact that the comp didn't turn on when I received it wasn't a good sign :mad: A guy just came by and replaced the power supply so we'll see how the new PC fares.

I'm really digging the Mac so far though. Logic will still take a little getting used to though but I'm a fast learner :)

Does it work, the firewire interface? I've heard the firewire chipset on the new macbook pro's is unusable for pro audio use because of some weird driver issue

I haven't had any issues with the firewire interface at all. In fact I can't remember the last time I had no issues whatsoever with a new system. Everything just works perfectly. In the old (pc) days I had to baby everything. Turn this on first, this on second, disable the regular sound card or remove it completely etc. There were always issues, but no issues so far with this new system. Love the peace of mind :)

Congrats Man!!Ifor the moment I'm working with my Imac, but for the last year I'll buy the mac pro!you are lucky!!
mago1a.jpg