I have just received ... in the mail! Post pics of your new treasures!

I'm yet to hear anything from Khanate :oops:. Everytime i've tried to get something, either the files have failed or theres just too big a queue or there a no seeds. But im currently getting "Things Viral"

Out of curiousity, whats your favourite Sunn O))) release?

goddamn, are you serious? its like...doom i guess, but taken to the max, then beyond, in terms of slowness and heaviness...its crazy. alan dublin (the singer) sounds like gollum from lotr! things viral seriously fucked with my head when i first heard it, i totally wasnt ready for it, it did some pretty serious damage. in a good way though!

as for sunn...im not sure actually. flight of the behemoth was the first one i heard, really tripped me out, id never heard anything like that before....but probably white 2. you?

mail-2.jpg

Just arrived today!!

goddamn, are you serious? its like...doom i guess, but taken to the max, then beyond, in terms of slowness and heaviness...its crazy. alan dublin (the singer) sounds like gollum from lotr! things viral seriously fucked with my head when i first heard it, i totally wasnt ready for it, it did some pretty serious damage. in a good way though!

as for sunn...im not sure actually. flight of the behemoth was the first one i heard, really tripped me out, id never heard anything like that before....but probably white 2. you?

Well the first i heard was Black One. and i was instantly hooked on "It Took The Night To Believe". And overall i just love the sound of Black One more so than other albums. I prefer their newer albums to their older stuff (before the 2 whites). Then its probably Altar, and then the 2 whites.

Latest purchases from the past few months

Vinyl -

Skinny Puppy - Mythmaker
Mark Lanegan - Here Comes that Weird Chill (ep)
Mark Lanegan - The Winding Sheet
Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain (orange, orange splatter and black)
Kyuss - Blues for the Red Sun
Kyuss - ...and the circus leaves town
Screaming Trees - Something About Today (ep)
Screaming Trees - Buzz Factory

Cd's -

Mark Lanegan - Field Songs (promo)
Mark Lanegan - Bubblegum (promo)
Mark Lanegan - Here Comes that Weird Chill (promo)
Mark Lanegan - Hit the City (single)
Blackfield - II (signed by Steven Wilson and Aviv)
Screaming Trees - Buzz Factory
Screaming Trees - Anthology the SST years
Soundgarden - Sounds from the Superunknown
Soundgarden - Ultramega Ok
The Gathering - Sleepy Buildings (promo)

Received the No Fashion Records pressing of Dance Of December Souls in mail today. I won't bother with a pic, since I'm sure you all know what it looks like :)

It was dirt cheap too: 8,90€ including postage :heh: Unused in shrinkwrap.

Haha, FINALLY I grabbed a hold of the ORIGINAL MACTATUS album, Provenance of Cruelty, which I just received from Ebay. I've been looking for it everywhere and it seems like it's rare.
It's used, but like new as there isn't a single flaw about the packaging whatsoever. I adore this album so much - one of the best black metal albums I have heard. Very unfortunate that this band is no longer around....

mactatusjn8.jpg

mactatus2zh9.jpg

Haha, FINALLY I grabbed a hold of the ORIGINAL MACTATUS album, Provenance of Cruelty, which I just received from Ebay. I've been looking for it everywhere and it seems like it's rare.
It's used, but like new as there isn't a single flaw about the packaging whatsoever. I adore this album so much - one of the best black metal albums I have heard. Very unfortunate that this band is no longer around....

I bought this awhile back.....maybe I shouldve listened to it more but after one or two listens I think I sold it......

I bought this awhile back.....maybe I shouldve listened to it more but after one or two listens I think I sold it......

Ouch man, that sucks...but hey, I guess it wasn't your thing then.

To the ones you have heard of the album, what song stands out the most for you? For me, it probably has to be Sleepless Souls. Awesome mix of female vocals and the grim vocals. Beautiful track.