I have no where to do vocals

Babysitting without fucking killer growls is just asking for trouble. Get them used to it and they'll know who's boss, the little buggers... that's how I learned how to do it, anyway...

Jeff

Hahahaha. I work about 45 minutes from where I live so on my way to work some mornings I track scratch vocals with the 58, firebox, and good ol' lappy!

I feel sorry for the family taking their kids to school, who just so happen to pull up next to you at the lights while you're having it large on a beatdown hahaha.

Good effort tho mate. Respect ha :headbang:

shadow walker any chance you can share some photos of your iso booth..maybe as it was built as well?

half-done

almost completed

bottom frame
(the particle board floor is covered with fabric so that vocals can step without making a lot of noise.)
still standing
(almost three years later)

Sorry, but I didn't make more detailed pics. It's really not very difficult if you apply some common sense to the planning and construction process.

I finally had a chance yesterday to do some, in a walk-in closet. now I can say I've come out of the closet. wife's panty hose used as a pop screen. am I a hillbilly or what?

I hadn't done any for so long my voice started cracking after the first verse. Would have been really embarrassing to rent a studio and subject an engineer to my shitty voice.

cool iso booth ideas.

My neighbour is old and dying of cancer... And is a REALLY nice guy to boot. So it's hard on me.

But it has to be done. I just want to live my life.

maybe your vox don't penentrate through both your walls and his, or are you in an apartment?

House. I bought a vintage JCM800 head and it was delivered there a couple of years back (I wasn't in). When I went to get it I stepped into their house and I could hear my tv on, and it wasn't even that loud.

It's like a full on old peoples home. They must get sick to death of me. I type this as I listen to music, way louder than an average person listens to music. It's not on.