i hear the best THRASH cd, ever is Tourniquet - Where Moth and Rust Destroy

R

rebirth

can't wait they are burining it for me in GERMANY this weekend, oh yeah...

The US has a 6.4 trillion-dollar national debt which is growing. The monthly deficit of payments is about 35 billion. In the last 6 months the US dollar has fallen about 20% against all major currencies. The Euro has become the currency of choice for many nations, challenging the dollar for world financial domination. Bankruptcies are at an all time high. Many states are having the worst financial crisis in their histories.

Conservative estimates reckon that an Iraqi war will cost US taxpayers between $200 and $300 billion dollars. This will occur:

* even as elderly Americans on fixed incomes live in poverty, unable to afford proper medications and care

Best thrash album eh? I think Peace Sells by MegadetH or Nevermore's Politics of Ecstasy may be better. But I need more listens to Tourniquet before making a final decision.

DavE

What does this band Tourniquet sound like,tech,angro???

rosetattoodvd.jpg

Pyrus said:
I shudder to think of anything that can challenge Puppets, Rust, Years of Decay, Darkness Descends (better than Time Does Not Heal), and Burnt Offerings. I'll hafta check this out.

nah nah nah nah nah... Darkness Descends is good... but i prefer TIme Does Not Heal lol... all a matter of taste, bu tits by the same band, so :headbang:

High Priest Of Evil said:
I guess you've never heard Testament, Overkill, Slayer, Death Angel, Dark Angel or Forbidden...
I'm thinking that with the distinction having been made for the best Christian thrash band, we're safe, 'cause, as evidenced by the Stryper/Slayer tour back in '87...Slayer -- thrash, yes, Christian, no. :D

I got into Tourniquet for a while, but couldn't get past the lyrics on a few songs. See another long-winded thread about how I feel about being told what to think/believe. Thats OK -- the music was solid.

*wanders off humming "Time Does No Heeee-aaaaal"*

Tourniquet, while a decent band, is about half as good as roughly 50 or so thrash albums before it. Too bad they went through all the trouble to get Marty Friedman on their last album, and then buried his leads so far down in the mix you'll be hard-pressed to know he's there.

Where Moth And Rust Destroy is mediocre at best.

hard to hear Marty's leads? you must not be listening to the same album i am. His and all the leads stand out big time. they are VERY prominately up and forward in the mix.

my biggest problem with TourniqueT is the singer. At times he is great, but others he just ruins a good song trying to sound like a harsh singer.

that being said Check out BioGenesis :Spin:

WMARD is not there best album, check out Patheogenic Occular Dissonance or Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm, far better.

it kinda depends on what album. basically thrash

the first three albums are awesome thrash and can stand up to the best of the secular scene of that time and even today.
Stop the Bleeding
Pycho Surgery
Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance

the others are so-so depending on what you are looking for