I just bought a new Bugera 333XL + Bugera 4x12 Cab need some opinions

ShamStalin

Metal Head
Nov 18, 2010
Malaysia
photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

I have a Focusrite Saffire Pro40, a Bugera 333XL + 4x12 Cab [Bugera] and one cheap Wharfedale DM4.0s boring mic, getting SM57 and Audix i5 soon.

By the way, I am a little bit confuse about the crank to get the tube sounds right, which one should I boost to get the Tubes hotter? the channel volume or the master? =S

I used to play around with Amplitube 3, now when it comes to real thing, I'm getting confuse because it doesnt work the same, =S any advice on getting good source?

I do not know what is the optimum db level for the input, and how raw should I record, should I raise the mic pre gain or boost from the amp itself? any of you willing to upload some sample how should it sound for the very 1st step ?

Thank you =S

Congrats for the amp and cab dude.
Waiting some samples soon..

Unfortunately I can't help you with what you want.

I had best results with the Channel volume all the way up, and then using the Master volume to get the actual loudness.
The Channel volume is acting as a master volume, but only so you can balance the three channels, for recording just crank 'em.

It takes a while to learn the ins and outs of recording amps. I've been doing it for years and still can't get a sound I like!

Yo Cuban : Hahaha yeah, had so much that noisy hiss, so I just do some quick straight slice, no fade in/out lol. Hurm, I guess the sources sounded sucked already, too much garbage in the mids area, so I just cut it out haha. By the way, is the sound usable? This is my first time doing amp shoot out at home haha.

Definalty upgrade can when you can man, don't like the cabs at all! I use the head for all my re-amps, boosted with a ts9 and I'm happy with the sound, I'll upload most recent work when it's finished! I use a sm57 and e906 wanting a i5 soon aswell!

Definatley a poop road amp, would fall apart straight away, I hate the look and the feel off the knobs an pots, but a studio amp it's awsome!

Definalty upgrade can when you can man, don't like the cabs at all! I use the head for all my re-amps, boosted with a ts9 and I'm happy with the sound, I'll upload most recent work when it's finished! I use a sm57 and e906 wanting a i5 soon aswell!

Definatley a poop road amp, would fall apart straight away, I hate the look and the feel off the knobs an pots, but a studio amp it's awsome!

Thanks for the advice man :D phew, luckily I got this Cab for free by buying that Head hehe. By the way, what cab do you perfer? 1x10 Cab will do? Orange/Blackstar 1x10 cab. ?

Yah, looking forward to it bro ^^ please do :D

The cab is definitely the issue here ... if you send me your DI's and your settings on the amp I can run it through a Mesa Cab and put a 57 and an i5 on it to see which you like better. I am also using the Pro40 so it would be your identical signal chain :)

The cab is definitely the issue here ... if you send me your DI's and your settings on the amp I can run it through a Mesa Cab and put a 57 and an i5 on it to see which you like better. I am also using the Pro40 so it would be your identical signal chain :)

Wow, luckily you have that, will work on that, I'll do a short song and send the DI file to you ^^

Get that mic on axis... I have never gotten good mic'd amp tone off axis like that... Right in the middle of the speaker like 1" or 1 1/2" off the grill...

I agree about the cab as well... Order an sm57 & a cab... If noise is an issue with the amp throw an isp decimator in the loop & cut from 11-12k off in the mix...