I Just Bought Purgatory Afterglow And...

Dhalaren

Mar 10, 2004
Canada, New-Brunswick
The CD has ten songs, but there are around 7 extra tracks that are all 4 seconds long except the last one which is 3 seconds. I was wondering if it's like that on all the CD's or just mine (which is highly unlikely)?

Yeah, my copy does that too, could never figure out why. Must have had an agreement with Black Mark to make the album a certain time-length, I guess. And I happen to like "Sirens". Far from my favorite EoS tune, but it has kind of a fun, rocking-out quality to it. A neat way to end the album, I guess...

Cerebus said:
The version on Evolution is pretty good.. never cared much for the one on PA, though.

I remember reading somewhere that it was to throw off the random function on cd players.

Dan replied before the site went down and deleted his post. He said that he wanted to have 99 tracks on the cd, but back in the day when he made the CD it took like 10 minutes or so to put 1 track onto a disc. When he made it to 21 tracks he stopped because it would take too long.

Actually he said that it would cost too much...well, actually I'm not sure why, maybe because the time in the studio cost too much? That would make sense. :)