I just realised that 75% of the things that are annoying and stupid about UM.com

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
downtime/slowness notwithstanding, are "features" that were CONSCIOUSLY, ACTIVELY added to the board by admins with what appears to be the sole purpose of crippling posting enjoyment.

* 30 second reply rule
* all-capitalization rule
* "too short message" rule, which causes an enormous amount of difficulty when you try to post a picture, and get a "sorry, 30 seconds" message, and then wait 30 seconds and try to post it again, except since the picture has been "converted" into an image it no longer counts as a viable reply

et cetera.

i can't even think of a single reason these rules would HELP. like, what does the 30 second rule do? stop bots from speed-posting? a 5-second reply rule would do 100% of the same thing. what the hell does the all-caps rule do except make it look like you're posting like SeanAgnew instead of posting like FAMOUS ADAM NAUSE?

even allowing a forum administrator to shut these "features" off would be a good compromise, but I don't even see why they exist at all, ESPECIALLY as PURPOSELY ADDED CODE.

Truth, and the caps lock filter bugs the most because if you want to cease annoying posts, there should be a grammar filter instead. Thankfully no swear filter, so I can say fuck shit piss in every post and not have to resort to fvck sh1t p155.

does anyone use 'thread tools'?

does anyone really need a 100x100 avatar?

if screen real estate were made of paper, UM would already have shredded half of brazil.

does any other board take away a meaningless $15 symbol of status without prior warning or approval?

i just reported that as a "bad post" using one of those little buttons i just noticed.

look, i don't even want to get into the design decisions and the like. i am specifically appalled the refusal to remove (or at the very least explain the purpose of) retarded code devices that were specifically added by the imps.

xfer ( mailto:horrorconstruct@yahoo.com ) has reported this post:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=3472360#post3472360

This is part of this thread:
I just realised that 75% of the things that are annoying and stupid about UM.com
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=178637

This is the reason that the user gave:
the mods on this boards are all short-haired faggots

This message has been sent to all moderators of this forum, or all administrators if there are no moderators.

Please respond to this post as applicable.