I just realised that 75% of the things that are annoying and stupid about UM.com

Hey guys.

A lot of this stuff (complaints, etc.) is the first I am hearing about it and I'm always open to feedback about the site. All settings, etc. have been left alone since I took over the site from Mark but I'm not against re-evaluating things. I think a lot of the stuff done was to ward off trolls/spammers. Imagine that breed finding out there's no limit in seconds to posting and what a dance spammers would do. They can go crazy and really screw the boards before anyone even realizes what's going on.

What's this stuff about Mix/Alex etc. ? I only got the bad report post because it bounced to FlaseTodd. Fill me in.

I see it looks like you all were goofing around with new buttons now that I read more :Spin:.

As far as the server speed, I feel your pain! I had this thing screaming when I took over and it has bogged down. I am going to be trimming away 2001-2002 stuff soon and purging the member list etc. so between that and some server tweaks hopefully we get back to that screaming again. Laterz.

Metalages : One thing to consider is at least making it so that a specific board admin can toggle most of these options on or off, for his board. I agree that generally a 30 second rule as well as no caps no zillion smileys is a good idea for most places, but since this board really doesn't get "troll" problems (and what could be construed as trolling usually isn't really considered such here) I think it should be up to the board's administrator to toggle as he/she sees fit.

One of the things I am going to be looking at for the new year is allowing certain abilities for forum mods. A lot of it will be up to the software and what is / isn't possible to do. #1 concern is the speed so that will be tackled first.