I Kissed A Girl (Katy Perry) metal cover (Axe FX+Metal Foundry)

Jotun25

Apr 27, 2010
Sevilla, Spain
www.jotunstudio.es
Hi, mates!

I´ve just uploaded a metal cover of Katy Perry´s I Kissed A Girl.

I used a 7-string LTD H-1007, through an Axe FX with a 5150 sim. Bass was recorded using the Axe too and drums were Superior Drummer´s Metal Foundry.

Hope you like it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job!
If repeat intro riff 2x time it will be brilliant, because first verse begins suddenly.

Thanks a lot, man! Glad you liked it.

I appreciate the suggestion. I also think that it may begin all of a sudden, but I´m not very queen on repeating things a lot and also, some Perry fans would like to hear her sing soon, so too much music would make them go away, so I decided to play it just once.

Thanks again!

Hi, The vocals sound very good so I have a question. I have no knowledge of Kate Perry, so did you use the vocals from the original (a stem from a music game ) or is this a vocal you have recorded?

Either way, very good work.

Hi, man. Thanks a lot for your words.

I used the original vocals (got them from Souncloud, but don´t know which was the original source for them) and I barely processed them (some eq to fit the mix, though it fitted quite well from the start, the filter on the verse and some reverb/delay on the chorus)

If I had someone who could sing this way, I would not sing any more in my recordings :D

Hope it helps and thanks again!

Just listened to this on some decent speakers, instead of my girlfriend's Laptop and I didn't hear the excellent clean parts in the 1st verse and the synth parts, excellent job man!! I think some pop songs do cross over for metal covers very well but I am thinking of more 80's style pop. It's harder to pick modern pop songs for this sort of thing but this works very well, a well chosen song perfectly executed!!

My Girlfriend knows this music and confirmed for me before reading your last post that it is the KP vocals because, I was gonna say, amazing singer you have found lol!

Thanks for listening again to it, man!

I appreciate you heared those little details I usually put in my recordings, that sometimes are unnoticed.

I also agree with you in the 80´s being more appropiate to cover, since the modern productions are usually so over the top that it´s hard to mix well a raw genre like metal with such polished productions. Anyway I have some "older" candidates to cover, as Roxette or Chesney Hawkes´ The One and Only...

Hahaha, glad your girlfriend confirmed it, because I don´t think I´m gonna find such an awesome singer in a long time...

Regards!

Thanks a lot for listening to it and for your comments!

Chaos, glad you liked it and thanks for the kick comment. I tend to set it quite loud and maybe too trebly, and I understand some may not like it. Anyway, it´s quieter than my previous mixes...:D

Majso, hahaha, thanks, man!

Underdog, thanks a lot!