Lady Gaga - Applause (metal cover)

Jotun25

Apr 27, 2010
Sevilla, Spain
www.jotunstudio.es
Hi, mates!

I´ve just uploaded a new cover, Lady Gaga´s Applause "metalized":

I used an AXE FX with New Recto sim (Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, I think) with my LTD H-1007, MTD bass also through AXE and Superior Drummer. Voice was filtered by David Holland.

Hope you like it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot for listening to it and leaving some feedback!

Kev, the song has just been officially released, but it leaked and some people filtered the voice (I kept David Holland´s filtering), so I tried to make one of the first metal covers of it, since I know it will be plagued in a few days :D

Superfreak, thanks a lot, man! I´m really glad you liked the sound so much.

Cheers!

Where did you find the vocals? I wanna try my hand at this but searches turn up nothing.

btw - awesome job man! :kickass:

Hey, thanks for listening to it and for the feedback!

Mooch, I searched for "Lady Gaga Applause Acapella Studio" and, after listening to 5-10 versions I got the one David Holland filtered. I think it was from Soundcloud...I´m very glad you liked it, man. Thanks!

Kev, of course I remember, man. I´m very flattered that your band still covers the song based on the one I did, man. Do you have any vids of it? Thanks! Glad you liked this other cover. Keep on rockin´

Sorry for the delay, mates!

Rcosta, I´m very glad you liked the cover that much and also thanks for the words on my mixing, man.

Abaga, yeah, those are. I looked for them in Youtube and Souncloud, and ended using David Holland´s filtering. It sounds quite clean though some synths and drums were still quite obvious.

I tried to hide them synching the voice the best I could (so that the drum beats were "layered").

You´re not the first one to spot that Maiden resemblance, man, so I has to be there...

Thanks a lot for listening to it and leaving some comments!

Sorry, Andrew, but I´ve got no DI files for it. Usually I record the signal processed but now I will have the caution to record a dry signal too, for reamping matters.

Anyway, I hope you liked the cover, man!